• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Running nicely with 1.80 now, RAM @ 3600 / 16-16-16-36. Only slight issue I have is a very faint buzz on the audio when playing games.

I suspect some kind of interference when things are under load but anyone experienced this and been able to sort it?

Soldato
Running nicely with 1.80 now, RAM @ 3600 / 16-16-16-36. Only slight issue I have is a very faint buzz on the audio when playing games.

I suspect some kind of interference when things are under load but anyone experienced this and been able to sort it?

I had big buzz on audio no idea why in all games , so i swapped back to intel ,rma the taichi . and only was runing 3200 mhz cl 14 ram .

Associate
Is anyone getting mouse skips/stutters on their Ryzen 3000 system? I'm on a 3700X in an X570 Taichi, and my mouse is skipping a lot.

Is this the instance where if you clear all your open windows/programs and make circles with your mouse pointer on the clear desktop there is a stutter every 4/5 seconds?

If so I've had it on a different computer before, as have some others. My 3900x with x570 taichi is absolutely fine though.

The issue is related to other things. Try turning off Fast Startup, and sleep options, then restart. Also try unplugging HDMI/Displayport cable then plug back in and see if it stops. I remember those things were related to it, if what you are reporting is the same thing.

Soldato
Is this the instance where if you clear all your open windows/programs and make circles with your mouse pointer on the clear desktop there is a stutter every 4/5 seconds?

If so I've had it on a different computer before, as have some others. My 3900x with x570 taichi is absolutely fine though.

The issue is related to other things. Try turning off Fast Startup, and sleep options, then restart. Also try unplugging HDMI/Displayport cable then plug back in and see if it stops. I remember those things were related to it, if what you are reporting is the same thing.
Pretty much, yeah. However it just randomly started happening after a BIOS update, so it got me thinking it might be that, and it was happening in games too, where the screen would freeze for a fraction for a second.

Soldato
Just flashed my BIOS to P1.80. I didn't mind how loud my fans were before but now they can spin down with this new BIOS I wonder how I was able to put up with it.

The bad news is I can hear that stupid little chipset fan buzzing away, I think I would rather turn it off completely.

Caporegime
Just flashed my BIOS to P1.80. I didn't mind how loud my fans were before but now they can spin down with this new BIOS I wonder how I was able to put up with it.

The bad news is I can hear that stupid little chipset fan buzzing away, I think I would rather turn it off completely.

You can create a custom fan curve to have it as low as you like until 70 or 80 degrees.

Associate
i have not been able to run memory and IF at any setting above 1800 with the X570 Taichi with 8 packs 4000 team extreme ram.
It would freeze at any point sometimes would not boot or freeze within seconds of booting to windows.
I could not get it to run using any settings from the Dram calculator fast or safe.

Until Today!
Playing in bios and VDDP was at recommended by dram calculator at 0.900.
I noticed my bios described it as tied to memory voltage and could be increased but not to exceed mem volts.
Well my memory is running at 1.45 atm and i though what the hell experiment.
VDDP turns red in my bios at 1.3 I believe so I tried upping it to 1200 mv and bang straight in to windows and all tests so far show good at 3800 mhz.
This is using exactly as recomended settings for fast with gear down disabled and at 1T.

Night and day difference just by upping VDDP

Associate
Started building on my Taichi last night only to realise that it's only got two USB2.0 headers and I need 3! I'm losing two of my front panel usb connectors which is more annoying the debilitating.

Has any one used one of these before:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £14.61 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

It's not the most elegant solution but I suppose it wont be seen if I stuff it in my cable cubby hole.

Has anyone came across this problem and got a better fix? I thought about changing the usb3.2 header to a usb2 but it is unfortunately in an unusable place (behind the graphics card).

Associate
Started building on my Taichi last night only to realise that it's only got two USB2.0 headers and I need 3! I'm losing two of my front panel usb connectors which is more annoying the debilitating.

Has any one used one of these before:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £14.61 (includes shipping: £4.66)

It's not the most elegant solution but I suppose it wont be seen if I stuff it in my cable cubby hole.

Has anyone came across this problem and got a better fix? I thought about changing the usb3.2 header to a usb2 but it is unfortunately in an unusable place (behind the graphics card).

I take it your front panel usb uses usb2? Can't you use a USB3 connector to USB2 header adapter on the USB3 connector next to the main 24pin power connector? Like this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inline-internal-usb-3.0-to-usb-2.0-15cm-cb-003-il.html

Alternatively some case manufacturers sell spares including replacement front panel boards with USB3 sockets for existing cases.

Associate
I take it your front panel usb uses usb2? Can't you use a USB3 connector to USB2 header adapter on the USB3 connector next to the main 24pin power connector? Like this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inline-internal-usb-3.0-to-usb-2.0-15cm-cb-003-il.html

Alternatively some case manufacturers sell spares including replacement front panel boards with USB3 sockets for existing cases.

The case front panel has 2 x USB3 and 2 x USB 2 connectors. The USB3 header is currently in use for the 2 x USB3 connections.

Soldato
I'm still not happy with the chipset fan constant whining even with the silent profile in BIOS so I downloaded ASRock's utility A-Tuning and set a curve so the fan is as low as it can go until 100c, which seems to be 1200rpm.

That was about 10 minutes ago and it just ticked over to 65c at idle.

[EDIT] Just played BATTLETECH for about 50mins and the highest it went was 67c.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still not happy with the chipset fan constant whining even with the silent profile in BIOS so I downloaded ASRock's utility A-Tuning and set a curve so the fan is as low as it can go until 100c, which seems to be 1200rpm.

That was about 10 minutes ago and it just ticked over to 65c at idle.

[EDIT] Just played BATTLETECH for about 50mins and the highest it went was 67c.
I had the same issue. The fan was driving me round the bend. If you go into the bios under customise SB you can set the fan rpm, click the relevant temperature & type in 0, that way it won't come on at all. I have it set not to start until the temp hits 70c.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom