• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
What size is of thermal grizzly pad is needed. I see they do lots of sizes even at 1.5 mm ... I do not want to waste money with lots of off cuts!! and are you buying the cabonought or minus pads?

Associate
Look forward to your results. When you're doing it will you eyeball if paste alone would be ok? I'd rather just paste the chipset as that'll always be better than a pad.
I'll check how much room there is, if paste actually works I will do that instead. I honestly don't think so though....

Associate
Just changed it, if you ask me thermal paste wont work because of the height difference since the pads have to be 1.5mm. It seems to have dropped a few degrees, but again temps are hot today. Will report more later. The process itself is easy, the most annoying part is removing everything from the PC.

Associate
Just changed it, if you ask me thermal paste wont work because of the height difference since the pads have to be 1.5mm. It seems to have dropped a few degrees, but again temps are hot today. Will report more later. The process itself is easy, the most annoying part is removing everything from the PC.

Perhaps a stupid question - did you keep the fan in? Or was this an alternative to a fan?

Soldato
Anyone know if Taichi has Cool n Quiet option in the Bios? if so where is it hidden? seen reports that enabling it helps the chips hit higher boost clocks...want to see if its there and if it is whether its enabled or disabled

Associate
Anyone know if Taichi has Cool n Quiet option in the Bios? if so where is it hidden? seen reports that enabling it helps the chips hit higher boost clocks...want to see if its there and if it is whether its enabled or disabled
I have gone around the BIOS 1 million times the first weeks while testing stuff and have not seen it. My 3800X goes over 4500Mhz on Auto settings.

Associate

I have gone around the BIOS 1 million times the first weeks while testing stuff and have not seen it. My 3800X goes over 4500Mhz on Auto settings.

Ditto, I don't think it exists, not found it either

Soldato

What do you use to check clocks? Ryzen Master or HWInfo? HWInfo appears to report higher clocks than RM.. so im inclined to believe RM..

Seen my 3800X go over 4.5 i think on an older bios in RM, i think it was 1.70, everything is left to auto, i think i disabled PBO though in the BIOS after a few people advised to turn it off..

My ram is set to the DOCP 3600mhz setting as its C16 3600mhz Trident Z, im wondering if i can tighten the timings to C14, and maybe push it to 3733mhz as well.

Cooling with an EVGA CLC 240 AIO, seems to be ok, although RM reports it idling around 40c or something most of the time, which does seem kinda high, have it set on the Ryzen Performance plan, and i do see the voltage in RM drop down to like 1.1v so i know the voltage is not always pegged at 1.46v 24/7.

Im sure though that something in the BIOS has changed during the various BIOS back and forths with updates, as im fairly certain i see it boost over 4.5ghz a lot more frequently than it seems to now...

What BIOS are you on atm?

Associate
What do you use to check clocks? Ryzen Master or HWInfo? HWInfo appears to report higher clocks than RM.. so im inclined to believe RM..

Seen my 3800X go over 4.5 i think on an older bios in RM, i think it was 1.70, everything is left to auto, i think i disabled PBO though in the BIOS after a few people advised to turn it off..

My ram is set to the DOCP 3600mhz setting as its C16 3600mhz Trident Z, im wondering if i can tighten the timings to C14, and maybe push it to 3733mhz as well.

Cooling with an EVGA CLC 240 AIO, seems to be ok, although RM reports it idling around 40c or something most of the time, which does seem kinda high, have it set on the Ryzen Performance plan, and i do see the voltage in RM drop down to like 1.1v so i know the voltage is not always pegged at 1.46v 24/7.

Im sure though that something in the BIOS has changed during the various BIOS back and forths with updates, as im fairly certain i see it boost over 4.5ghz a lot more frequently than it seems to now...

What BIOS are you on atm?
Im using 1.70A, 1.80 was causing issues with my FCLK overclock so I rolled back. Mine idles at 30-33C and goes down to 0.9XXv. Ive checked the clocks using HWInfo64, HWMonitor, and Ryzen Master.

Soldato
Im using 1.70A, 1.80 was causing issues with my FCLK overclock so I rolled back. Mine idles at 30-33C and goes down to 0.9XXv. Ive checked the clocks using HWInfo64, HWMonitor, and Ryzen Master.

I rolled back to 17 as well and yeah the downclock is good now, but ive seen the voltage spike to 1.48 a few times... hopefully the silicon is happy with it :)

Associate
I rolled back to 17 as well and yeah the downclock is good now, but ive seen the voltage spike to 1.48 a few times... hopefully the silicon is happy with it :)
I tried 1.80 again yesterday and its working fine. The problem started when I would load a BIOS profile that I had set up in 1.70A. I manually entered all the settings I was using and its running great.

The chip will spike to 1.48v for light load, it is how the chips are meant to work so don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom