Assassin's Creed Revelations

Soldato
What's the key to dive? I've tried head, hand and jump.. No luck :o

The pdf file in the game folder says that the manual is in-game, under extras; only I see no manual :( Profit graph suits strike again..

PR.

PR.

Associate
Finished the storyline today after about 16hrs. I absolutely love the storyline in AC series.

The only thing that annoyed me was the tower defence game when templars attack your Assassin Dens. They totally kill the pace of the game and if/when you lose, the Den returns to the Templars and you have to capture it all over again. Because you lose your Templar suspicion (the meter) after a 'memory' and it's so hard to find heralds/witnesses to keep it down while avoiding guards I ended up focussing on upgrading my assassins so they could lock down Dens, and going through the storyline while they are off around the Med doing missions.

I do like the additional rewards of XP, Money, and items when you 'capture' other cities using the Assassins missions. Some great character moments and they really fleshed out Altair and built on Ezios character to. Played using the Xbox controller as it feels much more natural than keyboard/mouse.

Another year until AC3 then...

Soldato
A little off topic but did anyone else feel as though they were forcing themselves through the first AC game after the first two or three cities/sections? I really just want to skip the rest of the first game and go on the second game but I don't want to miss the story aspect of the game. I've been to each city twice so far and I've been scaling every view point and saving every citizen etc. I've got two questions, how far into the game am I and does not doing all the optional site quests make the game less repetitive feeling and do I lose out on anything important that I would get for doing them?

Soldato
OP
You must be very close to the end i would say, though it is so long ago that i played it i can barely remember tbh.
Definitely stick with it because AC2 and Brotherhood are in a different league! Much more varied gameplay, more "polish" overall in the game, MUCH better character(Ezio is a great lead character imo). More to do as well.

I am looking forward to playing Revelations, i know it is the same old thing but as the third in a trilogy i don't really mind tbh.

I do however expect big changes for AC3!

Soldato
You must be very close to the end i would say, though it is so long ago that i played it i can barely remember tbh.
Definitely stick with it because AC2 and Brotherhood are in a different league! Much more varied gameplay, more "polish" overall in the game, MUCH better character(Ezio is a great lead character imo). More to do as well.

I am looking forward to playing Revelations, i know it is the same old thing but as the third in a trilogy i don't really mind tbh.

I do however expect big changes for AC3!

Looking forward to AC2 and BH :D. Turns out I've got two memory modules to go so not too long :).

Soldato
OP
Somehow I forgot the main reason to play AC2/Brotherhood- Rennaissance Italy is stunning! It is EXTREMELY well realised and a joy to explore, Venice from 2 and Rome from Brotherhood are awesome

Permabanned
Somehow I forgot the main reason to play AC2/Brotherhood- Rennaissance Italy is stunning! It is EXTREMELY well realised and a joy to explore, Venice from 2 and Rome from Brotherhood are awesome

revelations turkey sucks?

My mate said he didnt like revelations as he preffered italy versions.

Associate
I've played all 4 assassin's creed games, I found the first one boring but i saw the potential, then i played the second and i thought it was absolutely amazing.

the only problem i have with assassin's creed is the story just doesn't seem worthy of the game, i wish they had a genious to write the story , i get the impression that the story is written by game designers rather than someone who excels in creative story writing, having said that the story is good for a computer game i've just had much better experiences from books.

Now Assassin's Creed Revelations, the game is an incredible well implemented refinement of the previous 3 games. Unfortunately though you inevitably have to take part in den defense, this whole part of the game is annoying, you continuously have to bribe heralds and assassinate templares to stop your templars awareness maxing out otherwise you have to defend your dens which is like the worse tower defense game I've ever played and i like tower defense games!

The only positive i can see to den defence is that it forces you to play as a stealthy assassin and take your time with the game otherwise you'll be raging because every 5 minutes one of your dens needs defending.

JJ

Associate
ive played the last 3 aswell i also found the 1st boring, but loved the 2nd game then the 3rd bored me to tears again.

is this as good as the 2nd or the same as the 3rd game???

Soldato
Just finished the first game, finally. First two memory blocks were fun, as were the last two. The middle three bored me to death though so I'm glad to get this game out of the way. Plan on starting AC2 today :D.

Soldato
OP
ive played the last 3 aswell i also found the 1st boring, but loved the 2nd game then the 3rd bored me to tears again.

is this as good as the 2nd or the same as the 3rd game???

I don't get this at all, if anything i would reverse the statement. Brotherhood is an improvement in every area over 2 imo, if anything i was slightly bored towards the end of AC2, especially with the dlc segments it can drag on a bit.

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
I think I'll add the AC games to my 'to play' list, however do I need to play the very first one to understand the story properly? Also what's the stealth like in this series? Can I complete missions entirely using stealth and take out just the target?

Associate
I don't get this at all, if anything i would reverse the statement. Brotherhood is an improvement in every area over 2 imo, if anything i was slightly bored towards the end of AC2, especially with the dlc segments it can drag on a bit.

im not asking you to get it mate, thats the way i feel about the games so far...

i never even finished 3...

Back
Top Bottom