Assassins Creed Shadows - AC finally (at last) heads to Japan

Man of Honour
OP
Sweet baby inc 100% garunteed
Looking at the games they've been associated with, most notably God of War Ragnarok, Assassins Creed Valhalla , Shadow Gambit (brilliant game btw for anyone who hasnt tried it) and Alan Wake 2, I cant say that necessarily puts me off. All of those were good games :)

A lot of people get so wrapped up in contraversies that they forget the first fundamental question of a game - is it fun?

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as I have some nice buildings to scale and haystacks to jump into, I'll be happy.
Thoroughly enjoyed Odyssey and Valhalla so if this is more of the same I'll have it on Day1.

I spent 180 hours in Odyssey and 150 in Valhalla. Genuinely couldn't tell you the story of either

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
seriously? valhalla was a good game? I thought it was the most disliked one so far and terribly boring
I enjoyed it and I'm far from alone in that, it did go on too long imo but I still enjoyed it , but I would also add that rather than selecting just one of the games I mentioned, God of War Ragnarok, Shadow Gambit and Alan Wake 2 are also all considered good
games (by more than just me :) )

As I say, as long as its a good game, fun, with a decent amount of content, I truly dont really care what contraversy is twisting knickers this time round. Just a shame that theres so many people out there in gamer land who put whether a game is fun and enjoyable lower down their list of game requirements when imo it should be at the top of the list.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yea, I never tried or looked into those.
AC series seems pretty stale though, so probably doesn't matter if it's some weird alternate reality with crappy characters.

No doubt won't be on steam, if it is they will require a uplay account anyway.

I think the last o]ne I played was the greek odyssey one, so I'm not their target audience anyway

If it's a historical accurate representation of japan at the time, I could be tempted, if it's some made up rainbow fantasy land and culture then I'm out 100%

Story being a wike wokey I could probably ignore if the game was fun and interesting to explore.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
As long as I have some nice buildings to scale and haystacks to jump into, I'll be happy.
Thoroughly enjoyed Odyssey and Valhalla so if this is more of the same I'll have it on Day1.

I spent 180 hours in Odyssey and 150 in Valhalla. Genuinely couldn't tell you the story of either
The story in AC has got all rather convoluted over the series and frankly all a bit silly lol, but the crux of it as far as I remember is something to do with a potentially alien race , present on Earth 100,000 years ago, hiding artifacts around the planet which can give humans who have them god like super powers, or something like that. Basically someone raided the mind of Stan Lee :)

Man of Honour
OP
Yea, I never tried or looked into those.
AC series seems pretty stale though, so probably doesn't matter if it's some weird alternate reality with crappy characters.

No doubt won't be on steam, if it is they will require a uplay account anyway.

I think the last o]ne I played was the greek odyssey one, so I'm not their target audience anyway

If it's a historical accurate representation of japan at the time, I could be tempted, if it's some made up rainbow fantasy land and culture then I'm out 100%

Story being a wike wokey I could probably ignore if the game was fun and interesting to explore.
Dont know if you like tactical games but if you do, I highly recommend Shadow Gambit, its a real corker which rather went under the radar when it was released.

Soldato
The story in AC has got all rather convoluted over the series and frankly all a bit silly lol, but the crux of it as far as I remember is something to do with a potentially alien race , present on Earth 100,000 years ago, hiding artifacts around the planet which can give humans who have them god like super powers, or something like that. Basically someone raided the mind of Stan Lee :)

I was all in on the Ezio story. Those 3 games were ace for the story. Then I lost interest of the franchise after AC3/BF. Dabbled with Unity and Syndicate before going back for Odyssey and Valhalla

Man of Honour
Please be good. I’d love another Origins or Odyssey.

I’ve completed every AC game and I’ve honestly lost track of what’s going on, not even bothered about the bigger picture anymore. Just love the open worlds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is Origins still worth checking out? I’ve got it but never got around to playing it. Just worried if would feel like a step back after Ody/Val. Really enjoy the new combat system.

Soldato
It will feel different, I don't think it would necessarily feel like a step back - there weren't major changes from Origins to Odyssey - I went back to Origins after Odyssey quite happily when the DLC appeared cheap.

Man of Honour
OP
Please be good. I’d love another Origins or Odyssey.

I’ve completed every AC game and I’ve honestly lost track of what’s going on, not even bothered about the bigger picture anymore. Just love the open worlds.
Pretty much the same here for me, the story doesnt mean much to me in AC any more but they do make really good open worlds to run about in, so I run about and make my own story :)

Man of Honour
OP

some funny comments

just hope they get the movement and combat fluidity sorted out, some movement and animations in Valhalla where pretty stiff and this game is going up against a lot of action combat samurai games
No idea what is more bizarre, that people out there use wikipedia as a factual source for things or that people out there are so distraught by a computer games appearance (rather than its actual gameplay) that they are compelled to go and edit information on a website. Two sides of the same mental coin :D

Soldato
Doubt this but we'll see if they stick to their word.

FtMLxm5.png

Back
Top Bottom