Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
There is the ongoing story but after 80 hours of play I have only spent about 2 hours in modern day.

So long as you know there is an ongoing modern day story I would say you could jump straight in but as above both previous games were good and you wouldn't regret playing them!

Soldato
having not played many games from the series, i remember black flag, should i jump straight into this game, or maybe try the origins and oddysey games first ?

I found the back story equally baffling in Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla and the trips to the future a minor annoyance that were quickly dealt with to get back to the proper game. There are loads of sources to find out the full back story and it might make sense if you want to check these out before playing any of the recent games but it's not necessary to be able to enjoy them, and it's not necessary to play the games in order as the back story really is inconsequential given how little it makes up of the full game.

Soldato
having not played many games from the series, i remember black flag, should i jump straight into this game, or maybe try the origins and oddysey games first ?
Both Origins and Odyssey are much better than this one imo, so I'd play those first. Probably do Origins before Odyssey too, because there's a lot more quality of life changes in Odyssey (and then further in Valhalla) and it's a longer game, so it makes sense to do Origins first. Origins is more condensed unless you go for the 100% finish. Tho it can be simply a question of which setting do you prefer more: Ancient Egypt vs Ancient Greece vs Viking ~England.

Associate
Started this yesterday and just got to England. Struggling to get into it so far and find the bar at the top of the screen confusing, going to mess around with the options and probably turn everything off.

Associate
For anyone suffering from random crashing post 1.04 patch, try disabling Uplay cloud saves. This appears to have completely solved my problems.

Associate
I finished the game, well nearly finished it. Did the last mission but one, then should be able to trigger the mission to kill the head of the order. Except I can't because apparently killing the rest of the order beforehand breaks that final question. So after 120 hours of gaming, I am stuck unless a patch fixes this (big thread on the ubi forums about this and other issues). So my advice is, leave the order alone until you've played through the story. Or at least have two left...

Soldato
Just wondered how long I'd played for compared to the other two recent games (data from Ubisoft connect overview).

Origins - 72 hours, 100% game progression, 2,846 kills and 707,662m travelled.

Odyssey - 121 hours, 100% game progression, 3,046 kills and 1,160,260m travelled.

Valhalla - 109 hours, 60% game progress, 2,713 kills and 770,731m travelled.

Obviously with 40% still to do Valhalla will probably overtake Odessey. Massive games.

Soldato
I've pretty much completed the main story now. One arc left but the story has pretty much ended. I think I'm going to save the last arc and the Order targets until the first dlc is released and I'll do it then.

Excellent game....Too long though!

I think I'd rate it above Origins but just below Odyssey

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Just wondered how long I'd played for compared to the other two recent games (data from Ubisoft connect overview).

Origins - 72 hours, 100% game progression, 2,846 kills and 707,662m travelled.

Odyssey - 121 hours, 100% game progression, 3,046 kills and 1,160,260m travelled.

Valhalla - 109 hours, 60% game progress, 2,713 kills and 770,731m travelled.

Obviously with 40% still to do Valhalla will probably overtake Odessey. Massive games.

Did you play Unity?

I played some of that, was about to get Odyssey when Valhalla released so waited to get on that. Im only 40 hours in and feel like there's tons of stuff left to do, agree with massive game but enjoying it.

Soldato
Did you play Unity?

I played some of that, was about to get Odyssey when Valhalla released so waited to get on that. Im only 40 hours in and feel like there's tons of stuff left to do, agree with massive game but enjoying it.

Not played Unity, played them all up to Black Flag then had a rest and picked them up again last year playing Origins then Odessey.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not played Unity, played them all up to Black Flag then had a rest and picked them up again last year playing Origins then Odessey.

I got it free when the Notre Dame fire was in news and they let you grab it. It was an old title even then but ran great on my system, the AC before that I played was Brotherhood on XBox but I would suit these games more now that I am old and cant MMO time sink like I used to!

Soldato
I was tempted when I saw the Notre Dame thing but I much prefer the bigger open world rgp style of these newest Assassins Creed games and didn't want to go back.

Soldato
Unity and Syndicate are both really good classic AC games - I think I preferred Syndicate as a game but the setting of Paris was much better.

I don't think I could go back and play the older games now (Unless they released an Ezio trilogy remaster and I'd be all over it) as the gameplay has changed so much that Odyssey and Valhalla (skipped origins) feel like a completely different game.

I'm about 30 hours into Valhalla, think i've spent most my time just exploring areas finding wealth etc. Think I've plahyed it wrong as my power level is about 80 and the story area I'm yet to finish is only power of 20...Oops!

I was struggling for resources so I tried to raid a village of a power level 90 when I was 70. Managed to get it done and I even managed to cheese killing one of the Order's henchmen who was PL160. I was on a rooftop where there was one of those anchored bow and arrow things so I got onto that and he just stayed on the ground letting me ping shot after shot onto him. What was even luckier was that whenever he would chuck a spear at me it would hit the bow and deal no damage to me.

I got almost 200 hours out of Odyssey including the DLC so I'm interested to see how this one stacks up

Soldato

I wish I did that, Blag Flag was brilliant, Unity and Syndicate utter trash imo. Odyssey is my favourite, then BF. If Valhalla is half as good I'd be happy.

Just started Valhalla, so far so good, taken a few beatings, but enjoyable

Soldato
All about opinions innit:p... I don't know how anyone can play Black Flag and Syndicate and think Black Flag is a better game. It is by far the worst AC game imo. It introduced ship combat to the series(pretty much, you had some bits in 3). Other than that it does almost everything else worse than every other AC game. It is the height of Ubisoft open world bloat with no imagination in the gameplay at all. It's no coincidence that Ubisoft went back to the drawing board and rewrote almost every system in the game for Unity.

Is it nostalgia? Has anyone replayed Black Flag recently? I tried and it is so bad I got about half hour in and gave up after my first game over screen for straying 2 feet away from the path Ubisoft wanted to force me in to!

Back
Top Bottom