Assaulted

Associate
OP
1) shame it happened to you
2) What can you really expect from this ? a couple of hundred quid compensation, week or 2 of looking a tool, and an uneasy feeling u are going to have for the rest of your life about every other human you ever meet or see.

I wouldn't dwell on it, there's going to be no justice for the guy, the police wont care too much just take your compensation and move on.

A few people have mentioned a fund that the goverment pay into so I may be able to claim compensation for this. I will have to look it up.

Soldato
Sorry but WHAT? The guy assulted you publically, regardless of 'medical evidence'!! Sue the police!

Sue them? Are you American?

They're following procedure. They can't hold the guy in a cell for 3 months for punching someone. As horrible as it is and as bad as I feel for the OP, there's no proof *yet* of any long term damage. I suspect that if there is, they'll snap him up immediatly and deal with him appropriately. If there isn't, they'll follow the procedure of something less serious and charge him for "affray" or something.

There's no point in being angry at the Police about it. If they arrested and held everyone who started a fight in a bar the prisons would be more full than they are now. The important thing is the OP's speedy recovery and no lasting damage. The justice will come eventually.

Associate
OP
Sue them? Are you American?

They're following procedure. They can't hold the guy in a cell for 3 months for punching someone. As horrible as it is and as bad as I feel for the OP, there's no proof *yet* of any long term damage. I suspect that if there is, they'll snap him up immediatly and deal with him appropriately. If there isn't, they'll follow the procedure of something less serious and charge him for "affray" or something.

There's no point in being angry at the Police about it. If they arrested and held everyone who started a fight in a bar the prisons would be more full than they are now. The important thing is the OP's speedy recovery and no lasting damage. The justice will come eventually.

I agree with you. Fair play to the police they have been very helpful and supportive. And the words of one detective taking my statement 'we are going to nail this git to the wall'.

Caporegime
A few people have mentioned a fund that the goverment pay into so I may be able to claim compensation for this. I will have to look it up.

yeah, i had a shoeing about 10 years back and i got 90 quid.. tee hee dunno how it is now, tho i advise it as a bad career choice.

You seem pretty level headed about it all which is nice.

Ignore any of these no swearing/insults that suggest suing the rozzers..;)

Man of Honour
Maybe people like this should be fed as snacks to rotty and tank, the tree hugging reprobate loving defenders of the criminal will be there to fix all this.

Victim = naughty person who put face in way of fist

Fist owner = just trying to express one's self in an artistic manner

Quick protect the offender, he's obviously had such a hard life this kind of violence indicates he needs love and flowers all around, hang his accuser for not allowing him to express his frustrations of persecution.

Seriously though I hope it works out ok for you, fixed facial bones and no eye damage would be your best profit at the moment, I hope the perp gets a cell for a long while in the end.

Caporegime
With a broken nose and your other injuries I'd like to think he would get done, but who knows in todays society.

And also on the back of the compenastion my friend and I got attacked outside Sainsbury's one night by some crack head (the guy punched me in the head, and then punched the guys car windscreen) :eek: I got £120 for that as the police knew who he was, I don't think that was from any fund as such, but I got a letter from the court with my cheque explaining the outcome and Anthony had been ordered to pay this as compensation.

Man of Honour
Bad luck.

I got punched in the face on a train about 10 years ago and luckily there were police on the platform and I got the guy arrested (stranger who was just being a bell end). The guy spent the night in the cells and I went to the hospital the next morning and although there was swelling on my nose, the doctor said it had been broken so many times he could not tell if one of them was current! (that's playing rugby for you)

As such the police just gave him a caution and left it at that. Had the doctor signed off more serious damage they would have bothered to take him through the courts.

Seemed a bit arbitrary to me, as the intent was there to knacker my face even if the skill wasn't.

Hope he gets what he deserves and that he is off the streets of cardiff three weeks from now as I'm there for a stag do:p

Soldato
Maybe I'm just jaded but I really don'lt buy the whoe "no reason" thing...

Dunno, I got a kicking once for walking through the middle of a group of guys. They were taking up the whole pavement though so it was hard not to.

I do attract violence though. I guess i have one of those faces. You know, the ones you just want to punch. Like Steven Merchant.

In any case, all i did was walk between them. I tried very hard to occupy as little space as humanly possible and not come into contact with any of them. Got a few bruises for that. I'm quite open to the idea that there's a type of person who uses alcohol to fuel a sadistic wheel of fortune in their subconcious. Everyone in their vicinity is on that wheel, and it's gotta land on someone.

Caporegime
I'm quite open to the idea that there's a type of person who uses alcohol to fuel a sadistic wheel of fortune in their subconcious. Everyone in their vicinity is on that wheel, and it's gotta land on someone.

Maybe you have a alcohol fueled masochistic wheel of fortune and try to tempt fate with other drunks :p

Soldato
I don't drink, although i often wonder if i'm somehow drawn to these people by some kind of fleshy magnetism. I don't like to recall how many times i've been their lucky winner.

Back
Top Bottom