Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The time stuff was amusing, I kept hopping onto Spa where I was getting blinded on the entry to Les Combes. Couldn't make out the braking point easily!

Will put in some laps when I get home :)

I had that same issue, was very interesting braking from the straight with very little reference in apex haha.

Man of Honour
It seems as though cars with manual gear box combined with pro handling require you to use the clutch, H pattern shifter and manual throttle blip. Cars with sequential gear boxes only require manual clutch to pull away.

Man of Honour
Why are all my options greyed out? I usually drive with everything off unless I get overly frustrated at which point I set TC to factory.

I assume you mean on the timing page linked in the opening post?

If so you need to download and install ptracker, linked also in the first post. Then in game from the in game "general" options check the box for ptracker.

Soldato
OP
Also activate the app from the sidebar menu.

The server is running factory settings.
On the off chance that anyone didn't know, you can raise/lower your TC/ABS levels (amount depending on the car) and of course turn it off or on by mapping a button or two, or using CTRL+T and CTRL+A.
1 is the highest setting, 0 is off.

Obviously, you can't adjust these if the car doesn't have TC/ABS to start with.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
That Ginetta download doesn't work for me. It doesn't look complete and looks like an update to an existing mod? I didn't run the original TT with the Ginetta so have never downloaded it before.

Soldato
OP
When you say it doesn't work for you, do you mean it doesn't work or do you mean you don't get on with it?

I don't know if he's started from scratch or whether he's updated the previous mod.
I'm hoping he's updated the previous car, as that was made using data from Ginetta themselves. One of the guys I race with made it.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to ask you all to re-download the car, as it's been updated.
If I leave it as it is, anyone who hasn't downloaded it before today will get a checksum error if they try to join the server with the current version.

EDIT
If the car isn't working, it might be because you need to download the original file and then the update. Go to the version history tab.
Install the main file and then drag and drop the update folder into your cars folder and let it overwrite.

He should've just uploaded the complete file tbh...

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Thanks Pete. I needed to get the previous version first. I didn't realise it had options. All sorted and managed some laps tonight.

Actually had a blast. Ginetta is fun to drive, as is the FA01. Didn't tweak the setups much, took some brake balance off the front of the Ginetta to stop it locking and dropped aero on both and they seem to hand just as well without it.

Will delve into the setups more, but it's my braking and turn ins that are slowing me down mostly. So need to find my own balance before I try and find a faster setup, haha.

I would like to say Petey, thank you for setting all this up. If you would like me to chip in for the server cost I would be happy to. Great choices of cars and tracks too :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just tipped myself into the 1:09s with the Ginetta. Still need to find some more speed to get anywhere near that 1:08 range! Might pull back the br ake balance some more so I can brake later, especially on the last chicaine and at the bottom of the hill. First corner is where I'm losing a lot too. Need to figure out later braking and turn-in for that too so I carry more speed down the hill. Reallyt enjoying these cars. Going to try the Ferrari and GT86 later.

Also had an idea for a car mod which may be an interesting one. I have some background 3D modelling so I'm going to give it a go for fun. Will try high poly render model for normal map and texture baking then work down from there. If it starts to look great I'll share in the main AC thread, it's been a while :)

Soldato
So is anyone else racing with an xbox controller or are you all on wheels? If anyone is managing any decent times with a controller, mind sharing your settings? Feel like my steering is too jerky all the time

Man of Honour
Just got kicked from the server for a mismatch error.

So I downloaded the Ginetta update and it feels like a different car. I also get a massive stutter going down the hill towards the old hairpin and then a small freeze on exit. I didn't have these issues before the Ginetta was updated.

Anyone else getting the same issues?

Associate
I was on earlier and I too noticed things were stuttering today. I've no idea why but the stutter wasn't present when I was on the server the other day.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
No stutter for me.

But I wish there was so I could blame it for my poor laps.

No idea how some of those times are achieveable! Would love to see replays of the top guys to see how they're doing it.

Associate
maybe im being crap but im convinced something is wrong with the ferrari, first or second night i got 1:13 fairly easily and was a few tenths up a couple of times before messing it up. Since then ive tried every night and struggling to hit high 1:17's. it feels so much slower

Back
Top Bottom