Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
There is a Ford Transit currently in the works for Assetto Corsa so we can recreate the proper Top Gear Nordschleife Challenge :D

The development of it looks very thorough and detailed indeed, take a look here, definitely something to watch out for.

Associate
I saw that when I was searching, the guy is worrying about getting the door creases/panel gap poly depth right...talk about attention to detail. He needs to just release it already, although he says there's no interior yet.

Petey, your choices have always been a pretty good mix of stuff, I've enjoyed them when I've been able to get on.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I aim to please :D

New challenge up!
Bit of a tricky one this week, but I reckon you'll find something to enjoy :)

Btw, this will be a cross forum challenge from now on.
We've barely just migrated our AC section to our own dedicated page, so you guys now get to see how you fare against a few other chaps.
Maybe you might fancy actually racing with some of them.

Speaking of which... Pssst! We have a Ginetta series starting on March 5th and you're welcome to join us.
http://forum.simplysimracing.com/

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a brutal set of cars on this circuit :eek:
I like all the cars, I like the track a lot. But together it's just evil. The Veloce is an absolute beast that has evil oversteer, and once it goes more than a few degrees that seems to be the end of your lap. The McLaren can barely stretch it's legs hear so you spend half the lap just tickling the throttle. The Estonia couldn't be more different to the Veloce, it's glued to the ground and I just wasn't feeling it tonight. Annoyingly the Morgan has no tyre sounds, so it's really hard for me to tell where the grip limit is. Easy to tip over though!

Soldato
That wasn't intended as a complaint! It was really challenging just really hard work! But I guess I'd maybe be worried that those who don't like tricky cars might not enjoy it.

sigh. Track saved in a special rar format that can only be opened with Winrar 5.21... Why, why would you do that? sigh.

Last edited:
Associate
Petey, I've registered on SimplySimRacing, but couldn't find any mention of Project Cars Personally I'm a big fan, admittedly it has its faults but so does AC.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for signing up.

We don't do pcars because none of us particularly like the way it feels/drives with many of the cars and how much of a pain in the arse it is to get the wheel feeling right with it.
I tried to get on with it, but it just didn't work out.
I hear it's had a few updates recently, so maybe I'll give it another go at some point.

Associate
I just use the Jack Spade FFB tweaker files, it's always felt fine to me. Might be because I find AC FFB too much and I've turned it down a bit so it didn't rattle my teeth out.

Associate
I didn't get any laps in last week but hope to this week. I have never seen this track before and have only driven the F1 from the list and I know I cannot get the best from it however I do enjoy attempting to drive it (think that's the politest way to put it :D ). I'll have to get some laps in this week as it looks fun!

I use 7zip to decompress files, hopefully that'll work for me for this rar issue you're mentioning. It's worked for all other rar files so far.

Soldato
OP
The F1 GTR is surprisingly decent around here and not too tricky if you're careful. Just don't leave the braking until the last second :D
As for the track, I rezipped my own copy and uploaded it in case anyone has any difficulty with the RD link.

Soldato
Gixer - up to date 7zip doesn't work. That's why I was grumbling, looks like lots of people are grumbling on the comments thread on RD too! Wonder what his reason for compressing like that is, I'd be surprised if it made *that* much of a filesize difference!

Thanks for re-uploading in Petey. Will grab it later and give it a shot. Not drove Blackwood in a while but can remember enjoying it previously and finding it one of the better looking tracks (even compared to official ones)

Associate
That's a shame as 7zip is my choice of decompression software these days. I think luckily for me I have a very old copy of winrar in one of my folders of recovery programs, I'll use that :)

Weekend of no work coming up so I best get the tyre warmers on the F1 :D

Associate
Thanks for the setup last night Petey, instantly transformed the car especially through the first complex to the chicane which is so key to the laptime. I really need to get my head around setups, I'm clearly missing a huge opportunity in laptime.

Thought I should mention I had a lot of connection issues last night, I checked my end, rebooted my router etc. The car list download would time out, and 3/4 times I would get server no longer available. That was before you came on and it seemed to have settled down by then, I was so busy chasing your time in the F1 I forgot to mention it.

Back
Top Bottom