Assignments :(

Soldato
whats uni coursework like compared to say, high quality A-level/Level 3 BTEC at college?

some of those assignments werent easy... i'm just wondering, does it go up a notch? in quantity anyway?

Level 3/A-levels have nothing on level 4 and above for work quantity.

In terms of difficulty, things just get more and more technical. Some stuff is hard, some stuff is mind-numingly laborious.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
whats uni coursework like compared to say, high quality A-level/Level 3 BTEC at college?

some of those assignments werent easy... i'm just wondering, does it go up a notch? in quantity anyway?

I haven't done A-Levels but I've done Highers, university courseworks are certainly achievable if you can do reasonably well at A-Level, people always tend to believe that they've worked very hard until they reach the next academic level then they do that level and find that it wasn't as bad as they thought.

Quantity and/or difficulty might take a jump but it will at least partly depend on what subject you do and what university you go to. But essentially I'd say not to worry too much.

As for doing things last minute - I tended to do that quite often at university (although I wasn't as bad as a few of my mates) which isn't actually all that bad preparation for the world of work, strange as it may seem, when you get dumped with a task and the deadline is approaching rapidly an ability to work under pressure (self inflicted or not) comes in rather handy. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone and I do normally try to start work early if possible but I do find myself still working on things until I have to hand them in sometimes.

Man of Honour

Whilst the standard expected might not be too advanced initially, by your final year there is a galactic difference in the difficulty in comparison to A levels.

Man of Honour
Leaving things to the last minute resulted in me dropping out of my first course having failed the year. Now, by tackling the work straight away, I'm able to get a constant average of over 85%.

The highest mark ever for a piece of course work on my course is 75%, and nobody has ever got a distinction (70%+ overall), it's just impossible. It all depends on what the coursework actually is - if it is designing a programme, then providing it works as it should, then it'd possible to get the really high marks. When criticising literature, it's harder. You can't really compare marks across courses, but that doesn't mean that one subject is harder than another!

Associate
Does anybody else have problems starting assignments and leave them to the last minute like me. People say its best to just start them early than to leave them till late and rush them. But i can never get round to doing it, always put it off to the last minute. Can anybody relate to this? or have any tips lol. Maybe im just lazy

Yep tell me about it:(

Soldato
I was the same all through Uni, ended up staying awake for over 48 hours to finish my major assignment in my final year, I've never felt so awful, it was horrific. Some people just have the discipline to get things done. I'd love to be one of those people :) I felt quite pathetic always leaving things until the last minute but I did ok in the end..

Associate
I can do certain things alright.

With one of my current assignments I have to sift through laws regarding online fraud with auction sites and as soon as I open the website with all the laws on I switch off :(
Other assignments I can sit there for 6 hours the next day and get it pretty much finished in one go.

Soldato
I've got 2 presentation teaching lessons to plan, 1 A1 poster (group thing) from a field trip, an entire chemistry book of questions to do and then a nice and small 500 word intro jobby to do also. Started all of them, got 3 weeks to finish all of them. Looking to have most of it done by next weekend. Then I know its done and I can actively plan my time if I get anymore of it lol

Back
Top Bottom