Asus 27" OLED PG27AQDM - Black Screen

Associate
Good evening chaps.

I just had a quick game of xDefiant with a mate and in the middle of the match my screen went black, yet the pc was fine, game carried on running etc, so i rebooted and nothing... pc wouldnt even boot. So i turned it off, turned the psu off and let the caps drain. I then rebooted and it posted again, however it had reset all my voice meeter settings (which is odd).

The monitor has remained a black screen but the PC thinks it's there.

I've rolled my PC back, ive reinstalled all drivers and nothing... I've installed the asus widget software and attempted to run a cleaning proceedure, it's been running (logo flashing orange) for approx 10 mins.

Any idea whats up? I've never had anything go wrong with any monitor is my 22 years of gaming... im at a loss...

thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
I've just noticed something really interesting (and strange)
QOYj6rg.png

in the above screenshot it's saying FW: 0...

Has it wiped itself?

Associate
Were you using the Asus provided DP cable and did you try another? The Asus provided DP cable caused image issues and weird lines to appear on my screen, so not same exact issue as you but I swapped it out with the DP cable I use for my DW monitor and it's been fine ever since.

Associate
OP
i use the monitor on my work pc and my gaming pc, it was all inputs unfortunately. (DP and HDMI)

I put in the RMA friday morning and heard nothing.

Associate
OP
Yeah they told me to go direct to Asus... Asus have 0 communication skills lol. I've rang them twice and they told me the same thing both days which turns out to be ******** xD

Associate
Yeah they told me to go direct to Asus... Asus have 0 communication skills lol. I've rang them twice and they told me the same thing both days which turns out to be ******** xD

When I had to RMA an ASUS product before ASUS told me the retailers who sold you the product deal with the warranty on their behalf. If that's still the case then OC should be dealing with the RMA.

Associate
OP
It's trading standards that as a consumer we deal with the retailer. I've already had ocuk about that. They clearly can't be bothered with the hassle. They said it'd be quicker but I could literally drive there and get it replaced same day if I had to.

Associate
Sounds like a nightmare when OC should be dealing with it imo. When I had to RMA an ASUS product which was purchased from the rain forest, it was dealt with instantly and hassle free.

Associate
ive been chasing asus every day on the phone and today they told me i had no application in... after telling i had friday and monday.

I hate RMA'ing things (this is my first experience lol) Image proof i did it.

Had to send them an email to [email protected] so hopefully that works...

Good luck with it, I’m interested to see how you get on.

Here’s to hoping nothing happens to mine.

Associate
OP
Sounds like a nightmare when OC should be dealing with it imo. When I had to RMA an ASUS product which was purchased from the rain forest, it was dealt with instantly and hassle free.
Yeah, legally it should be OCUK, i've emailed them telling them it's their liability if anything goes wrong as i've got written instruction from them to deal with it myself. Consumer Rights Act 2015 states they should provide packaging if it's anything funky and not just the normal box it came in, which it is; ASUS want me to just send the screen in on its own... so i'll take lots of pictures and wrap it in a whole roll of bubble wrap.

I'll be beyond seathing if i end up down £1100. (or whatever it was)

Associate
Yeah, legally it should be OCUK, i've emailed them telling them it's their liability if anything goes wrong as i've got written instruction from them to deal with it myself. Consumer Rights Act 2015 states they should provide packaging if it's anything funky and not just the normal box it came in, which it is; ASUS want me to just send the screen in on its own... so i'll take lots of pictures and wrap it in a whole roll of bubble wrap.

I'll be beyond seathing if i end up down £1100. (or whatever it was)

Yea too right, pretty shocking tbh. OCUK should just get yours, test it, then send you out a replacement and they should deal with the background stuff with ASUS.

It's such a good monitor, just a shame this has happened to yours. Don't recall others having this issue with it. Wonder what caused it.

Associate
OP
Yeah it was very strange.
I did also have an issue that happened maybe 3 times where when i changed inputs (via the osd) the picture would get mental and flickery, whenever that happened i just did a pixel clean and went for a cuppa.

Associate
OP
Picked it up Friday at 11:30. They've still not got it back apparently.

Tomorrow is the 11th day since opening the RMA.

Last edited:
Soldato

Has that been over the phone or written? the only time i have raised an issue with anything through ocuk was when a £2000 laptop arrived with one of the keyboard switches not working flawlessly. Ocuk offered straight away to have it returned and if inspected to be faulty replaced

Associate
OP
They told me via email to go direct to Asus. I live 50mins from ocuk I could have had to swapped in a day if they had anything about them

Back
Top Bottom