Asus 27" OLED PG27AQDM - Black Screen

Associate
Good evening chaps.

I just had a quick game of xDefiant with a mate and in the middle of the match my screen went black, yet the pc was fine, game carried on running etc, so i rebooted and nothing... pc wouldnt even boot. So i turned it off, turned the psu off and let the caps drain. I then rebooted and it posted again, however it had reset all my voice meeter settings (which is odd).

The monitor has remained a black screen but the PC thinks it's there.

I've rolled my PC back, ive reinstalled all drivers and nothing... I've installed the asus widget software and attempted to run a cleaning proceedure, it's been running (logo flashing orange) for approx 10 mins.

Any idea whats up? I've never had anything go wrong with any monitor is my 22 years of gaming... im at a loss...

thanks in advance.

I've just noticed something really interesting (and strange)
QOYj6rg.png

in the above screenshot it's saying FW: 0...

Has it wiped itself?

i use the monitor on my work pc and my gaming pc, it was all inputs unfortunately. (DP and HDMI)

I put in the RMA friday morning and heard nothing.

Yeah they told me to go direct to Asus... Asus have 0 communication skills lol. I've rang them twice and they told me the same thing both days which turns out to be ******** xD

It's trading standards that as a consumer we deal with the retailer. I've already had ocuk about that. They clearly can't be bothered with the hassle. They said it'd be quicker but I could literally drive there and get it replaced same day if I had to.

Sounds like a nightmare when OC should be dealing with it imo. When I had to RMA an ASUS product which was purchased from the rain forest, it was dealt with instantly and hassle free.
Yeah, legally it should be OCUK, i've emailed them telling them it's their liability if anything goes wrong as i've got written instruction from them to deal with it myself. Consumer Rights Act 2015 states they should provide packaging if it's anything funky and not just the normal box it came in, which it is; ASUS want me to just send the screen in on its own... so i'll take lots of pictures and wrap it in a whole roll of bubble wrap.

I'll be beyond seathing if i end up down £1100. (or whatever it was)

Yeah it was very strange.
I did also have an issue that happened maybe 3 times where when i changed inputs (via the osd) the picture would get mental and flickery, whenever that happened i just did a pixel clean and went for a cuppa.

Picked it up Friday at 11:30. They've still not got it back apparently.

Tomorrow is the 11th day since opening the RMA.

Last edited:
They told me via email to go direct to Asus. I live 50mins from ocuk I could have had to swapped in a day if they had anything about them

Well, theyve told me i need to wait to see what DPD find. (they've said this takes 6 days.)

I said no i dont, THEY need to wait. THEY need to send me a new screen.

Not my problem! (although is it cos of poor customer service)

Last edited:
Yeah next time I'm not letting the trader fob me off like this.

Thing is the screen is now in the ether, however there is proof they picked it up and I have my own pictures of the screen before and after packing.

They already said it'll just be a replacement screen rather than a repair so they need to just send me out a new screen.

Yeah we'll see what happens. They just asked me for proof of the pick up so I sent them a load of photos so hopefully they can pull their finger out. Failing that I'm going to deal with ocuk and they can sort it out as it's their legal obligation.

I appreciate all the support guys, that js for being my sounding board.

Last edited:
Day 17. Email stating that i have to wait til the 27th to hear anything back from DPD.

I explained this isn't my problem and that theyre inconveniencing me for something they control. I've expressed my dissatisfaction.

At least that gives you guys some peace til then.

ASUS and OCUK. This is NOT good enough.

Back
Top Bottom