Asus aftercare, PB278Q replacement monitor is such a joke its untrue!

Associate
Regrettably ASUS RMA process has been going down hill for a number of years now. If you are looking to buy ASUS products keep away from the big ticket items it not worth the hassle or time and money.

Associate
OP
Just a quick update to this:

The replacement monitor has now developed a fault, i bright white circular spot has appeared on the screen. It's worse on light backgrounds and pretty distracting, let's see if i get the same pantomime this time round, i've already told them that i won't accept anything from LetMeRepair, they are their repair agents in the UK who sent me a monitor in a terrible state as my warranty replacement last time.

Associate
I'm on my 4th RoG Swift, the warranty has been a nightmare every time.

I then had an issue with this one, and Asus tell me they don't have this serial number registered as having a warranty at all. The issue resolved itself, but I'm terrified of what happens next time it breaks.

OcUK were not very helpful with it either. I wish I'd never bought the thing and waited for one from another manufacturer. I'd never buy another Asus monitor at all.

Man of Honour
Just a quick update to this:

The replacement monitor has now developed a fault, i bright white circular spot has appeared on the screen. It's worse on light backgrounds and pretty distracting, let's see if i get the same pantomime this time round, i've already told them that i won't accept anything from LetMeRepair, they are their repair agents in the UK who sent me a monitor in a terrible state as my warranty replacement last time.

Aside from an unacceptable turn around time and the fact that they lost my details on their system atleast once I actually got a decent replacement panel from LetMeRepair that actually appears to be brand new.

If this one dies prematurely though I'm cutting my losses and replacing it with the Dell or something and never buying from Asus again.

Associate
OP
I've finally received my 2nd warranty replacement for the recent issue.

Lets just say that LetMeRepair UK who are Asus's UK repair agents are still upto their old tricks, the first thing i noticed when the courier delivered the box is that it wasn't a brand new sealed unit direct from Asus, after the previous experience of a refurb from them i wasn't full of confidence with what i was about to receive.

Anyway i opened the box, at first glance it wasn't as bad as the other one that i received from them, let's face it nothing could be that bad, their was obvious signs of use though with minor marks on the plastic and on the base. I started to put it together, this is where i couldn't go any further. The idiots at LetMeRepair had forgot to put the bolt in the box that secures the base stand to the column on the back of the monitor, not only had they forgot to put that in they also forgot to put in the cable management bracket/clip that clips onto the back of the support column.

Anyway, i rummaged through the tool box and found a small bolt that was the same thread size. I connected everything up and switched it on, at the top left of the screen their is a small area of dead black pixels, it's only small maybe a couple of pixels, on a white background it looks like their is a bit of dust behind the screen.

Not perfect really considering this is supposed to be a fully checked warranty replacement along with the fact that Asus tell you that their warranty is a Premium 3 year panel guarantee.

Last edited:
Associate
You should really point Asus to this thread, I am among others who now won't look at Asus monitors based on your experiences. They need to see that upping their game and honouring the warranty makes sense in terms of recovering lost sales.

By the sound of it, though, Asus aren't interested, though

Associate
OP
Obviously i'm now stuck with an Asus monitor and their awful warranty service and refurb replacements, i just hope this thread is of benefit to other people because i'd seriously consider staying well clear of Asus from my own experiences, their warranty service and refurb replacements to put it mildly are awful unless you get very lucky.

Back
Top Bottom