1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Gibbo, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ShortWarning

Mobster

I have set it to the above now. My Radeon settings show 57-144 now but the OSD still tops out at 90 when freesync seems to disengage. Any ideas?

2. melmac

Sgarrista

That's odd, are you sure it's set to 144hz in the monitor properties in windows? Go to Display Settings -> Advanced display settings -> Display adapter properties -> Monitor -> Screen refresh rate

3. ShortWarning

Mobster

It's okay, I was being stupid. I was using overwatch to test and had the res set in game to 2,560 x 1,440 (90). I missed this because the frame rate was going above 90 regularly. Doh. Set it correctly and it's all working fine now. :)

4. melmac

Sgarrista

:D:D Always the simple things!! Glad you got it sorted.

5. gupsterg

Hitman

I've got two thunderflies trapped in mine :(. Such a shame as it was 4th monitor that was great for various quality issues with others. I've tried the sucker on screen and tapping back and no go. I did see a 3rd thunderfly's scoot down whilst tapping monitor. Mind boggling that the screens internally are not fully sealed.

6. DragonQ

Soldato

Not surprising considering the terrible backlight bleed most models have.

7. gupsterg

Hitman

Well the one in the top left corner finally today came free, whilst tapping the back of screen and has scooted down out of view :) . Again wasn't using a sucker on screen. Only got one more left :o , located far right, middle of vertical.

8. kmetek

Soldato

this still great monitor?

9. Darujhistan

Mobster

Yeah pretty much the same as above, is this still the best Free-Sync 1440p 144HZ monitor for gaming?

10. ShortWarning

Mobster

After my initial issues (which were completely my fault, not the monitors) it hasn't missed a beat. I love it.

Is there back light bleed? No idea, I haven't turned the brightness up to full, left it on a black screen and turned all the lights off to check. I haven't noticed anything under normal operation, everything looks beautiful.

11. kmetek

Soldato

12. ShortWarning

Mobster

Guys, I'm having a really strange problem.

I have to connect my rig up to a random, monitor for testing. Now, back on my mg279 it's capped at 60fps when playing games in full screen mode. Borderless windowed, it runs up to 144hz. I have no idea why. Any ideas?