Asus ELMB SYNC monitor list

Permabanned
OP
Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Just wanted to update people on this tech. On my VG259QM it is not very good at all. The motion clarity on first gen IPS 240hz is good and i wanted ELMB SYNC too but they lock the overdrive mode. So it is quite smeary with purple trails around 200fps really i see smearing right up to 240fps and especially on HUD icons.

So I did not even get to use the feature as the smearing on this monitor only stops at Overdrive below 80. The custom RGB settings sometimes reset too sadly but at least its a gorgeous zero bleed or dead pixel panel. Despite these bugs i am having a lot of fun now at 280hz with Overdrive 60. If anyone wants my settings i use:

Racing mode
Custom RGB 98,97,96
Brightness 17
Contrast 75
Overdrive 60

Last edited:
Associate
Ya the strobe timing with these ELMB Sync monitors is bad, and also lag/are slow. Leading to tons of strobe cross-talk. Good in theory, bad in execution.

Permabanned
OP
Ya the strobe timing with these ELMB Sync monitors is bad, and also lag/are slow. Leading to tons of strobe cross-talk. Good in theory, bad in execution.

Seems they used devil horn strobe mode and if it smears at all, Green hud shapes over peoples head like in WOW will too and look bad. Purple is the main trail color oddly. Had they used BFI it would have been a real wow moment. As my old FG2421 i now see really did have 280hz levels of motion blur

Its like i lost my 4000;1 contrast, Glossy coating but gained VRR and 160 extra hertz. But the blur is pretty much the same on each panel. :)

Back
Top Bottom