ASUS P8P67 PRO owners - what BIOS version did yours come with

Associate
OP
Your correct, that was the one but according to Asus support you need to:-

1) Power system off and remove power cord

2) Remove battery from motherboard.

3) Wait 10 seconds then change the above mentioned jumper for 10 seconds

4) Change jumper back to normal and re-insert battery

5) Reconnect power and power up and enter bios to make any changes.

Aparantly, this has helped cure a lot of the other issues people were having.

I haven't tried the additional steps but will give it a try tomorrow.

Soldato
I had to update to the BETA BIOS 1053 available on Asus website in order to overclock my i5-2500k past 4.3ghz otherwise it would hang while loading Windows. You have to do it from a FAT partition otherwise you get an error.

Associate
OP
Hi,

Just a quick update incase anyone is still following this thread.

I was still having cold boot issue when setting memory to correct settings for 1600. I had previously tried clearing the RTC jumper but it made no diffrence for me.

I finally think I have got it to work ok. I updated to beta BIOS 1053 then powered off and removed power cord, cleared RTC jumper and while jumper was in clear position I removed battery.

Left it like that for about a minute then changed jumper back to normal, re instered battery and booted back into BIOS and made the changes I needed.

Have done a few cold boots since and booted no problem and memory remains at 1600.

So looks like this does work. If your having any issues with this board then give this a try and see how it goes.

Associate
Hi,

Just a quick update incase anyone is still following this thread.

I was still having cold boot issue when setting memory to correct settings for 1600. I had previously tried clearing the RTC jumper but it made no diffrence for me.

I finally think I have got it to work ok. I updated to beta BIOS 1053 then powered off and removed power cord, cleared RTC jumper and while jumper was in clear position I removed battery.

Left it like that for about a minute then changed jumper back to normal, re instered battery and booted back into BIOS and made the changes I needed.

Have done a few cold boots since and booted no problem and memory remains at 1600.

So looks like this does work. If your having any issues with this board then give this a try and see how it goes.

Gonna try that now brb

Associate
OP
After fighting with this board for a week and finally getting it to work ok today with correct memory settings I've been able to overclock.

Wen't in straight at 4.4 and was fine. Adjusted the voltage a few times and am now happy with 4.4 at 1.25 vcore and max temps 67 after 2 hours of Prime and no higher during IntelBurn Test.

Well please and just a shame the board wasn't like this from the start.

I'msure I could get it higher but don't need it and more than happy with 4.4

Associate
That's good news mate you got there in the end & paid off nice oc, I'm having same issue's with the Xms3 at 1600mhz it's fine at 1333 will try your method, cheers

Associate
Your correct, that was the one but according to Asus support you need to:-

1) Power system off and remove power cord

2) Remove battery from motherboard.

3) Wait 10 seconds then change the above mentioned jumper for 10 seconds

4) Change jumper back to normal and re-insert battery

5) Reconnect power and power up and enter bios to make any changes.

Aparantly, this has helped cure a lot of the other issues people were having.

I haven't tried the additional steps but will give it a try tomorrow.

Right, i think i'll give this a whirl in the next 30 mins. Having cold boot issues with 1866 RAM. Who isn't? ;))

EDIT: That seemed to work. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Associate
All

Solution mentioned above and posted on Asus forums has worked for me. Excellent! No more cold boot issues with ram at 1600mhz. I have no problems at all now.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Glad to see this works for other people as well. I know what a releif it is to finally get it working correctly. Still think it's a shame that Asus has sent these boards out in this state andcaused everyone these problems but at least we seem to have found the solution:D

Associate
havent had any issues since clearing the CMOS a few days ago, although Ive been in wales since friday, so not given it a massive chance to have more issues.

I didnt remove the battery, what I did was
-power down
-move jumper to CLR position
-power the board back up and PRESSED THE POWER BUTTON ON MY CASE
-power down
-move jumper back and power it up again

this way was explained in my OLD mobo's (abit IP35 PRO) manual, highlighted some in caps as I believe this may be what people were missing. Seemingly problem free since

Back
Top Bottom