1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Padfone

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by rapid64k, 1 Jun 2011.

1. Orcvader

Capodecina

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/padfone-2-images-leak-out-ahead-official-announcement

[​IMG]

And starting at about 1:40 of this vid:

Looks quite promising. Just a few more days until it's officially announced!

2. Omen123

Gangster

Is there any point in waiting for this? Will it be 6 months before it reaches the UK, and will it even be available on carriers? :/

Might just get the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, even though this has the s4 pro, and will probably have a micro sd card slot too, which is what I find is a serious option decider when picking a phone for me.

LG Optimus G will take too long to come, unless it does in fact come by the end of next month, and it'll be a while until it gets the Jelly Bean update.

Might have to keep the phone for 2 years, think the Note 2 should suffice? I browse the web + watch videos + play the odd game and use various apps. The Note 2 is still fast, but the s4 pro is great, not sure that I'll notice the difference though + the removable battery + the standard full-day battery (3100)mah on the note 2 is great. I could just carry around a spare battery if I needed to + get a 64GB micro sd card to slot in.

Confused + need to decide soon, any ideas?

Last edited: 13 Oct 2012
  3. Fallen god

Soldato

I think Asus has the right idea, ultimately most of us have the same OS on tablet and phone, and everything is more or less the same in terms of hardware e.g. SoC, radios blah blah, but having 1 device with that contains the SoC and all the interns then just plugin it into the tablet for a better screen and such seems great. Now we just need apps that scale properly.

4. 413x

Capodecina

Want
    WANT
    WANT

The one thing that stops me taking my touchpad out of the house is the lack of phone signal.Also the ddevice could have a huge battery as most of the device guts are in the phone.

So you can charge the phone from the tab as you use the tab!

This is an amazing idea!

Use the tab in the office and take the phone to lunch/meetings

5. Fallen god

Soldato

IT has nice specs, if the screen is good on the phone and tab that would be an amazing product.

6. Orcvader

Capodecina

I'm just hoping it wasn't as bad as the first padfone, the battery was very small and the resolution was pretty weak compared to other phones during the time. The concept was nice but it didn't pack enough punch. Also not to mention market avaliability...

The Padfone 2 looks more promising but I'll wait for the announce date for more info on it before I make my decision.

7. kmetek

Soldato

what exactly is better then padfone 1?

8. edgedemon

Mobster

No-one asked for the iphone either - it appeared and lots of people suddenly wanted one.
    I like the idea that they are trying something different...

9. Shimmy

Man of Honour

Vastly improved specs.

Better docking station and overall the whole system is lighter.

The phone on its own is a nice bit of kit imo, the docking idea could take off too.

Hopefully it'll get released soon.

10. sunny007

Mobster

they haven't even released the first one and their going to be announcing the second one?

Wtf?

11. Hank_Marvin

Mobster

Can you use them both at the same time or does the pad only work when phone is connected?

12. Shimmy

Man of Honour

Only works with the phone docked.

It's a vessel for the phone essentially, making it into a tablet.

13. Omen123

Gangster

Exactly what I was thinking

14. Shimmy

Man of Honour

15. Simian

Sgarrista

The Full Spec...

http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-padfone-2-announced-quad-core-phonetablet-dockable-lte

Prices are - 32Gb €799 and 64Gb €899
    dunno what that'll equate to in the UK if it gets released over here, especially after they Duty etc...

Still wouldn't mind one!! :cool:

Last edited: 16 Oct 2012
  16. Shimmy

Man of Honour

17. Simian

Sgarrista

ooop ... yeah Just noticed that!! :D

18. robgmun

Capodecina

Win on the Phone, a fail on the tablet. Only 10.1“ (1280 x 800, WXGA), 149ppi?? Get Out!!

19. kona786

Capodecina

Nice concept but proprietary charger is fail.

[​IMG]

20. dasyad

Wise Guy

It's micro-USB? So you can charge it I think, the two bits to the side are purely for the dock connection it seems.