Asus ROG Strix GL703 Series BSOD within an hour.

Associate
Hello,

I’m really bad with computers and I’m not technically minded, so bare with me.

I am moving to a different country in March and I wanted to a gaming laptop to take with me.

I bought the Asus ROG Strix GL703. I boot it up, no problems. I decide to install software to the D drive. I install Avast anti virus, but for some reason it doesn’t install properly.
I get a message saying the D drive recycle bin is corrupted (I didn’t even know D had a recycle bin). Ok, I will do a system restore to fix it as I don’t know how to fix it. The system restore goes on for awhile, it then tries to boot up again and says there is a problem with booting up. It BSOD a few times as it is unable to boot. I think I then managed to do a new install (not a clean one) and it worked again. However, it didn’t get rid of any icons on my desktop, but it did say it had removed apps.

Should this be happening straight out of the box? I’m really worried that I have spent a lot of money on something that is going to be a pain.

Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense, like I say I’m rubbish at computers.

Permabanned
Focus on getting any Windows updates first, then run ASUS Live Update.

Install the Samsung NVME drivers from their website if you have a Samsung NVME drive installed.

Should this be happening straight out of the box? I’m really worried that I have spent a lot of money on something that is going to be a pain.

Definitely not. My GL703GS has worked flawlessly since I purchased it during the Black Friday sales.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom