Asus RT-N56U

APM

APM

Associate
Hi,

can someone please tell me if this router has multiple wifi SSIDs out of the box or if you need to flash the firmware to give it more than one wifi SSID?

Thanks

ps, any good firmware upgrades for this,it's getting a bit old now so maybe not much support anymore?

APM

APM

Associate
OP
I thought Merlin would do VLANs and more but I don't think it's available for this due to the onboard NAT chip it has or so I can gather from some quick googling this afternoon.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
The last time I used the official firmware, it didn't have guest SSID, despite ASUS advertising the feature on their website.

APM

APM

Associate
OP
The router is telling me there are no updates available from inside the ASUS firmware even though I can see a few newer ones on the ASUS support pages,any idea why that would be?

APM

APM

Associate
OP
No Merlin so far as I can see only Padavan for this one.

All I want is a guest SSID or two and I read in a few places that the ASUS firmware provided that so I'm a little disappointed I have to go faffing about with it tbh.

Still,more techno fun eh.

Soldato
No Merlin so far as I can see only Padavan for this one.

All I want is a guest SSID or two and I read in a few places that the ASUS firmware provided that so I'm a little disappointed I have to go faffing about with it tbh.

Still,more techno fun eh.

I think the 66 and newer provided guest and multiple said.

APM

APM

Associate
OP
This one doesn't for sure.

I've learned that if you're 4 versions behind on the ASUS firmware then you have to upgrade them in order one at a time and can't just jump to the latest one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom