Asus strix b350 ITX

Soldato
Any one got any info on this board?

I'm getting parts together for a Mini ITX build and things are a bit sparse in the ITX range.
Only other option is the ASrock fatality but thats discontinued now.

Will OCUK be stocking this?

Associate
I'm currently waiting on this otherwise going for the asrock b350 itx board. Wouldn't be suprised if the asus board is double the price of the asrock one though but until there is more news on this i'll see how long i can hold out.

Soldato
OP
Was going to do exactly the same but noticed the ASrock b350 is now sold out and listed as discontinued on a competitor site which had it at the best price.

Still the x370 version about but dont really need it for an ITX

Edit, never mind it's back in stock now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both of the Asus itx boards are absolute failures for the form factor. It's bad enough that the majority of all am4 boards don't come with hdmi 2.0a/b ports, at least the gigabyte itx has a hdmi 1.4 (useless) and a dp1.2 (4k 60hz)
But for the Asus to not have any display port or hdmi on an itx board is a joke. So much for am4 long life.

Bristol ridge and future raven ridge apu's are am4 compatible before you say it.

Soldato
OP
Is it because these boards are aimed at gamers so they assume they will be running gpu's any way?

There is a distinct lack of itx boards thought.

Associate
There are 2 AM4 ITX Motherboards , Asus ROG Strix B350-I Gaming &
Asus ROG Strix X370-I Gaming , Funny thing is the Specs are the Same in every way & board /I.O layout , see for yourself , add both boards to the comparison list .

They High End Gaming Boards & Glad they dont have built in HDMI /Display port,
i use a GTX 1070 & 1700 8 CORE & with no Graphics in the CPU ,
I Would not pay £150/200 or more to use the Built in APU of a lower end Ryzen CPU & without a graphics card .

I Had The Asrock ITX AM4 board they may of discontinued due to bad Board ,
Poor small VRM HeatsinK overheating , Poor Fan headers & Fan control ,
Weak CPU socket that can lead to CPU coming out with heatsinK

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To be honest I'll probably go for the asrock board. The strix is going to be too expensive for what you get.

I've not heard about poor CPU sockets like you describe but i agree with the poor vrm heat sinks. Again I assume they don't put better ones on due to poor cooling in most itx cases meaning most people won't over clock the CPU any way. Even the new strix vrm heat sink will be under par it just looks fancier.

Associate
I paid £98.99 for the asrock AM4 itx Motherboard ,Single Band 4xx MBPS
the other version your paying another £60 just for dual band 867Mbps wi-fi mod £159.99,

Otherwise same Boards

All itx am4 Boards O.C , got mine to 3.9mhz stable , just run vrms hot if you go over that due to small heatsink ,so best to keep to under 1.40volts

I think Asrock only discontinued the £100 single band version & now sticking to the £159.99 version

Last edited:
Permabanned
Both of the Asus itx boards are absolute failures for the form factor. It's bad enough that the majority of all am4 boards don't come with hdmi 2.0a/b ports, at least the gigabyte itx has a hdmi 1.4 (useless) and a dp1.2 (4k 60hz)
But for the Asus to not have any display port or hdmi on an itx board is a joke. So much for am4 long life.

Bristol ridge and future raven ridge apu's are am4 compatible before you say it.

There is 100's of board with no display output I don't understand why this would upset you so much.
If you want on board igpu then this is of the board for you move on.

Soldato
There is 100's of board with no display output I don't understand why this would upset you so much.
If you want on board igpu then this is of the board for you move on.

Because I want an Itx board with hdmi 2.0, do you not understand why hdmi 2.0 is important for Igp ?

biostar X370GTN hdmi 1.4
biostar b350 gtn hdmi 1.4
asrock fatal1ty ab350 hdmi 1.4
asrock fatal1ty x370 hdmi 1.4
Gigabyte ab350n hdmi 1.4/dp 1.2

Itx form factor should not sacrifice Hdmi 2.0 considering it's the form factor for htpc, In fact no board should when they are commanding the prices they are end of, which was my point of observation I made at Ryzen release many months ago. (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-zen-thread-inc-am4-apu-discussion.18665505/page-827)
I guess you have to pay for that gaming sticker, or flashing led's, or the gold plated super doper sound card, or the super lancard. Bring back the days of cheaper non-gaming marked up priced boards, with unlocked ht reference, and a board that doesn't need gaming on it to allow us to overclock both the cpu and memory without being restricted to multipliers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I Guess you will need to go for a ITX Z270 Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake for HDMI 2.0, Displayport 1.2 and Intel Thunderbolt 3 ,hdcp 2.2

I'm honestly thinking of going for the Itx z270, but I'm kinda hoping to spot an Itx z370 as would like an I5 8400.
But on the other hand I'd love an R5 1600 and the gigabyte b350n does have dp1.2, so I could use one of those dp/hdmi converters?
This is purely for CCTV, Video encoding so need the threads, streaming and connection to a 4k at 10 bit 60hz.

Associate
If i was to Do another build i go for the
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Intel Z370 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Mini-ITX Motherboard

Being Coffee Lake the CPU got more Threads/Cores for Video edit/Streaming
Better multi-task than the Z270 KABY Lake

A Davedree Dream Come TRUE?

Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort ports - Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz - Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for highlighting that board and it has hdmi 2.0 which is what I'm after.
I've only just got through half the 1st page of your build, but that transfer onto the case front of the church is awesome, still reading................

Associate
Ya Intel started hdmi 2.0 on the Skylake Z170 high end boards i think , I can see your point & ITX AM4 boards should have HDMI 2.0 as standard ,
they rushed the AM4 boards out fast to early , I went for AM4 8 core due to Being a new CPU & cheap for Gaming , Like the 1700 Ryzen CPU now only £259.99
That is just as Good as The Coffee lake 8700k in Muti task ..So good bang for bucks , it sucks o they did not do HDMI 2.0 ..ect on the AM4 side.

Thanks for Comment on my Build , Please feel free to post on the build thread :)
I posted links to the build log that go right to the Modded areas
on First page top.

Out of all the small form factor Cases ..i like the
Raijintek Metis Aluminium Mini-ITX Cases the best ..So small

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom