• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS TUF 3080 same as OC version?

Soldato
My Asus TUF 3080 non OC arrived very well packed from OCUK today. I've had a really good look over it and it does seem to be identical to the OC version.
I've only had it installed and running for a short period but my word its fast (like all 3080's), I'm coming from a really good 1080Ti Hybrid.

The card is super quiet, its a bit freaky, and temps are around 60C under load... go figure! The default clock is around 1850mhz to 1950mhz from what I can see.

Here is a default Timespy run, I dont know how it compares to others: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50858225?

Really happy, going to play some games now :D

UuZSJfS.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
My Asus TUF 3080 non OC arrived very well packed from OCUK today. I've had a really good look over it and it does seem to be identical to the OC version.
I've only had it installed and running for a short period but my word its fast (like all 3080's), I'm coming from a really good 1080Ti Hybrid.

The card is super quiet, its a bit freaky, and temps are around 60C under load... go figure! The default clock is around 1850mhz to 1950mhz from what I can see.

Here is a default Timespy run, I dont know how it compares to others: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50858225?

Really happy, going to play some games now :D

UuZSJfS.jpg

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a great card. Only about 2000 before me till I get mine...

From the review pictures I've seen it looks like the TUF is only using the better quality MLCC capacitors (Multi-layer Ceramic Chip Capacitor).

Which ticks another box for ASUS on the build quality. :)

EDIT 1: There is a picture of the OC model on the ASUS product page showing the cheaper capacitors being used, so they may not all be the same.

EDIT 2: I've checked five different video and a couple of written reviews and they all had the better MLCCs.

techpowerup_tuf.png

16093628473l.jfif

Last edited:
Associate
From the review pictures I've seen it looks like the TUF is only using the better quality MLCC capacitors (Multi-layer Ceramic Chip Capacitor).

Which ticks another box for ASUS on the build quality. :)

EDIT 1: There is a picture of the OC model on the ASUS product page showing the cheaper capacitors being used, so they may not all be the same,

EDIT 2: I've checked five different video and a couple of written reviews and they all had the better MLCCs.

techpowerup_tuf.png

16093628473l.jfif

@FlyingFish could you take a picture of the back of your card please, do we can see which capacitors it uses.

Thanks

Associate
We can tell from the first back of card shot. It's the six banks of little dots. The cheaper capacitors don't have the array of dots but single chips instead.

The video explains it better

Associate
Don't know my position, but my order was placed on the 17th for the MSRP.
No real rush, as long as I have it in time for Cyberpunk 2077.

May actually cancel my order if the top RDNA2 card turns out to be better.
It will greatly depend if I'm still waiting by then.

Good tactics, i failed at the FE F5 game so went for Tuff late on the 17th @ £689, i can wait, running 1080ti so could be worse, RDNA2 may well be an option.
I recently went 1600P, so eager to get some frames back.

Soldato
They are not cheaper per unit actually more expensive and they different from each other not unequivocally better.

It has also has not been substantiated yet.

The TUF is doing well in reviews mind.

Associate
They are not cheaper per unit actually more expensive and they different from each other not unequivocally better.

It has also has not been substantiated yet.

The TUF is doing well in reviews mind.

Yes, it has not been substantiated yet, interesting times ahead, these cards seem to be running very close to the limit.

Back
Top Bottom