Asus

Had 3-4 Asus motherboards, one failed and Asus’s support was basically contact the reseller in this case Amazon who swapped it without quibbling. Same with my Asus router, redirected straight back to the reseller.
How old was the motherboard you sent back, and how long ago?

On the flip side i've only ever bought Asus and never had a problem. I genuinely believe that all the big brands are about the same in terms of reliability with the mass market consumer stuff unless you're being weird stuff off Ali Express or Ali Baba

This TBH, I've only ever had one board fail on me and that was a Gigabyte.

I'm basically brand agnostic - I just buy whatever best suits me in terms of features and price point.

It’s not just Asus, I’m afraid.
Had to RMA one of their PSUs for coil whine and they’ve replaced it.
Bought a Sapphire 6800 XT and the screws weren’t tightened properly. Delta was almost 30C. To avoid an RMA during the shortage of GPUs, done it myself. Weeks later noticed that anything with RT would cause a crash. Not that I care too much for it, specially as I using an AMD card, but the card was defective. Tried an RMA, and it was denied. Just because I tightened the screws they should’ve.
The only motherboard that I ever had failing on me was a Gigabyte back on AM3. Was their most expensive model and the first high end motherboard I bought and the RMA process was a pain. In the end the shop decided to offer the refund and they had to deal with Gigabyte.
I don’t have a particular brand that I wouldn’t buy. Just depends on the product I want at I price I want.
But the easiest CS to deal with was EVGA.

Back
Top Bottom