At one point she called me a racist (lol)

TMP

TMP

Associate
Anyone have recommendations for finding a room rent thing, I've been using spareroom.com but apparently there are alternative out there, or is it just people posting the same room upon numerous sites? I've only ever had the pleasure of going through estate agents before.

Permabanned
I don't understand where a race is linked to "live in landlords". Surely by the way she's going on, you can't have any preferences without discriminating against something. She seems to me the type of person that would need to wear a helmet.

Soldato
I am a live in land lord, but my tenant is my best friend.

Your friend is an idiot, I would never in a million years rent a room from another live in land lord (I rented for 4 years, 3 different houses, before buying my own place) and I expect to move out and both rooms in my current place completely rather than take on a new tenant and live with them.

What I'm saying is, both people who rent from live in land lords who are strangers and live in land lords who rent to strangers seem insane to me, your friend is in short, an idiot.

Associate

Big fish, little fish, cardboard semi-ex.

Big fish, little fish, cardboard semi-ex

Man of Honour
Big fish, little fish, cardboard semi-ex.

Your song writing shows promise. :p

Associate
Don't buy her any books for christmas if you want to watch tv in your new flat. To be certain she won't read, maybe have an anti-semitic/anti-muslim/anti- x book burning ceremony just to reinforce your 'racist' views!

Associate
I agree with you tbh, I spent 2-3 months living with a live-in landlord and it was absolute hell! I just felt in the way all the time and never felt 'at home' so to speak, it was awful. I moved out as soon as I could.

fez

fez

Caporegime
it's our first argument to be fair so I'm not going to judge her on this - but it did annoy me when I know she's just going to go and complain to her friends about it. I think that's the thing that bothers me about it - hopefully her friends will can see it from an unbiased view

on a side note - cheers for the comments, I needed to hear all this - I was laughing last night out of desperation and hope that she would understand but now it's more "yeah she's being stupid - move along" :)

thanks

Wow, you are really making me laugh now!

You hope that her friends will tell her she's being mental. Thats the exact opposite of what is going to happen. She will come away from seeing them with the firm conviction of a lady that has had her opinions confirmed by a bunch of nattering women.

I wonder how people put up with this sort of thing. There are plenty of things that are a matter of opinion but calling you racist for not wanting to stay with a live in landlord is taking the biscuit. Im not sure that discussion would have got much further once I realised she was operating from a position of crazy.

Back
Top Bottom