At the bottom of the top! My FAH goal acheived

Associate
You've literally sailed past me!
I currently have 19m points to my name.

As soon as I heard that there would be SARS-CoV-2 work units, I thought I'd lend a hand with my system. I've been running the FAH client over night on my i7-7700K 2070RTX system, recently upgraded to Ryzen 3700X.

It's a shame that SETI@Home has been suspended (for the time being anyway), but I guess the reason is sound. Potentially some users will have switched from SETI to FAH.

Man of Honour
Thanks guys, every bit helps.

And yes we may be being overtaken by some mighty teams, but any increase we get will help us overtake some of the slower teams ahead of us.

Soldato
OP
You've literally sailed past me!
I currently have 19m points to my name.

As soon as I heard that there would be SARS-CoV-2 work units, I thought I'd lend a hand with my system. I've been running the FAH client over night on my i7-7700K 2070RTX system, recently upgraded to Ryzen 3700X.

It's a shame that SETI@Home has been suspended (for the time being anyway), but I guess the reason is sound. Potentially some users will have switched from SETI to FAH.

Sorry Jon you got done in ages ago!

Associate
Little late to the party but I only recently found out Folding was doing work towards Covid - otherwise I would have started back up sooner! Like others in this thread I've seen a few delays getting WUs for GPU but looking at the overall stats for Folding the increase in demand has gone mental which is great to see!

Also hadn't realised how far GPUs had passed CPUs, I used to do SETI@Home years ago and then folded for a bit probably 8+ years ago. I've chucked it on a few of my systems but to be honest my single RTX 2070 Super is throwing out about 10x combined, and my media server has 24 cores worth of Xeons in it haha! Probably should have used my screen name but always used my real name for folding! (Alex_Wheeler)

Soldato
Been folding close to 24/7 (breaks for gaming) since the COVID19 WUs have come out on the client.

I've reached my goal of getting to be in the top members area, such that my name is visible within the vertical height of my monitor.

Why didn't you turn your monitor on it's side, so that you could've got on the list earlier? :)

Caporegime
Is rank worldwide?
It should be yes. I figured out why some people have less points but a higher rank (or lower, better rank, you know what I mean) - It will be because they haven't always been folding on team 10 (OcUK) and have likely amassed a tonne of points either not on a team, or on a different team.

Associate
Points from WU's seem to differ a lot more than I remember! Currently getting about 180K PPD, yesterday I was getting about 750K PPD!

Yeah I've noticed this also, to start with I thought it was due to the shortage of WUs but my systems seem to be rarley not busy but I seem to be varying anywhere from 1.6m PPD upto like 2.4m!

Back
Top Bottom