1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age should sex education be taught?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BowdonUK, Jun 5, 2019.

1. plasmahal

Mobster

:D:D:D:D:D

2. Efour

Caporegime

Last year of junior school should pretty much have the basics covered.

Year 7 senior school should be talking about relationships, contraception. It's going to fly over most kids heads up until 13/14 then probably be very important.

As for teaching about same sex, and the alphabet soup people. Well their definitely needs to be a tolerance of everything but no promotion of any agendas. Which will most likely be impossible.

I don't know if schools still teach "Life skills" but it should be part of that including cooking nutrition, PE, this stuff, hopefully with a cool and open enough teacher that kids can just ask anything and get a decent unopiniated or agenddad answer.

Maybe 1h a day ..... X5

3. StriderX

Caporegime

Didn't remember i wrote that, the guff i write eh?

4. Hellsmk2

Mobster

Teach it as soon as possible really. We shouldn't be embarrassed about things that happen naturally.

Have not held back with either of my kids when they've asked.

5. Dis86

Capodecina

Damn whitey! Wanting everyone to be treat equally and not be discriminated against. Who the hell does he think he is?

6. Chris Wilson

Mobster

For what it's worth, and I hasten to add there are many facets of the Islamic religion I disagree with, these parents and their supporters have my full backing, and should be able to choose whether their very young children are taught about homosexuality and trans-gendarism in their schools. I hope they do not give up on their quest for the teaching of such matters to be under their own jurisdiction and not forced by a probably politically led ideology of a particular council. Good luck to those here that feel similarly!

7. Liquidfox

Mobster

Couldn't help but chuckle at that one!

8. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Around the time of puberty seems the obvious natural answer, we shouldn't really be filling infants minds with stuff they aren't yet mature enough for. It's a bit perverse adults talking to infant children about that sort of thing anyway.

9. morbid42

Gangster

I was taught in p5, teacher went ballistic because everybody was laughing

10. Diagro

Sgarrista

Sex Ed, is taught again in year 8 in secondary.

11. RDM

Capodecina

Before they start having sex ideally, or it will be too late...

The primary "sex education" isn't really. It is more about relationships and anatomy. You really do need to be talking to girls about periods before they start having them!

12. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

Good post.

Lots of sex negative low libido beta boys in this threat complaining about kids knowing what sex is at an early age, and yet would probably complain if those children then didn't go on to have sex responsibly at an older age when its too late to drum into their heads how important safe sex is and we end up with a ton of teen pregnancy and single mums.

13. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

How would you feel about a religion teaching students interracial marriage is wrong?

14. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

Your talking to a lot of men in this thread who clearly have very little experience with women, so this is probably a new idea to them.

15. Screeeech

Mobster

Yeah, it's normally the case when these sorts of people turn up - they just want to kick off and will fabricate all sorts of nonsense, in order to make a song and dance.

As far as I can tell, the curriculum itself is mostly centered around the fact that LBGT people exist, and simply allows children to understand that it's a fact of life. The objective is that will give children a better understanding of the world they're growing up in, presumably this will also help tackle things like bullying.

When you actually look at the guidelines what's being taught is pretty benign, sensible and straightforward in nature.

However - when you listen to the rantings of these religious loons at the school gates, some of them are talking as though primary schools are teaching kids to go to parks late at night and have gay sex orgies, or whatever - but it's all just fake news.

And again, it's always interesting how the types that turn up with these sorts of views, are often from out of town and have nothing whatsoever to do with the local community.

16. something daft already!!

Mobster

Mid to late 30's these days I'd say. That's when most people seem to become almost sensible.

17. Chris Wilson

Mobster

If they said potentially fraught with problems I would be fine....

18. MookJong

Sgarrista

In an ideal world I would say around 8 or 9 when they have a fair grasp on the world around them. However it's a race against time these days.

Based on experience I would say the proliferation of p0rn and the the way young girls are exposed to sexualisation through pop culture is the biggest battle.

19. hurfdurf

Sgarrista

You cowardly didn’t answer the question...

20. Dis86

Capodecina

The two aren't comparable. Marriage has, historically, been the union between a man and woman typically as a precursor to starting a family through procreation between the two of them.

All of that applies to mixed race couples which from a biological point of view isn't a problem (genetically there's some advantages due to greater variety).

None of that applies to same sex couples. Without modern medicine (or the odd threesome here and there) homosexual couples would not allow for the future continuation of the species. Biologically it's just pointless.

In the past when we didn't have modern medicine and religions effectively acted as a guide to the uneducated masses it made it clear homosexuality doesn't work in that respect. Hence is bad. Mkay.