• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Soldato
OP
Can this sort of stuff be applied to consoles as well? I mean not as a user option but more like a software update that enables this sort of technology allowing a little more to be squeezed from them

I read somewhere that PS3 will possibly be adding it first then followed by 360.

Soldato
If this is as good as it first appears (and being cynical, my view is that few things are) then it's an absolutely market stealer for AMD. Is there any way of activating this on a 5770?

Associate
Those SC2 results are really impressive. It will be really interesting to see where ATI go with this technology. Hopefully it will be released for the 5series realy soon. It will be great for the type of games that with 4xAA in single player you get about 40fps but when playing multiplayer you can enable morphological AA and get that extra fps you need without bad jaggies.

Soldato
now that looks very nice, if this works in GTA, well how nice that will be.
it looks like AMD have really pulled their socks up and made us all happy.

Soldato
OP
Well there yo go guys, proof is in the pudding, ;) will update main post once more images are done so guys get adding images :) to show the effectiveness of this new technology :)

Caporegime
Hats off to the egg heads at AMD. I'm impressed. The IQ looks pretty good, varies from game to game of course but still, less apparent jaggies for virtually zero / zero performance hit. :)

Looks at 4870x2 and shakes head. :(

Associate
Not quite sure why everyone's so happy about using it for GTA4, that game was an appalling console port and the graphics were mediocre at best. Yes you can install mods and what not, but it's a bit too little, too late.

Back
Top Bottom