1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI graphics card is so loud!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kerplunk, Dec 6, 2017.

1. hornetstinger

Mobster

I upgraded from 6950 2GB to 480 8GB. It's worth it, as Doom was a slideshow.

2. V F

Capodecina

It should be a monthly thing to be honest. That way your PC looks like the day it was built. Always.

3. David Bisset

Wise Guy

I've cleaned inside mine three times in 8 years, never been much dust when I've done it though. That said, it's raised off the floor with filters on so maybe that's why (and I do clean the filters frequently)

4. synixx

Wise Guy

Unless you're like me and have the pc in a beat up old case with no side window and zero e-peen :(

5. Killer7xx

Gangster

Maybe the oil in the fan bearings have dried up, you can dry adding an extra drop or two.

6. nashathedog

Soldato

That'd be the best way to keep it 'as new' and performing optimally. I try to avoid dust getting in with filters and I give it a regular brush dust while I have the hoover out as well.

My new build is also raised off the floor, For my last build I bought a set of those DCMi magnetic filters which did a pretty good job of minimising what got in, I think having negative air pressure is the biggest dust offender so ensuring you have a positive air pressure is important, I think a lot of cheap prebuilt PC's only have an exhaust fan, My last one was like that and when I finally got around to looking inside it was caked in dust.

7. Kerplunk

Sgarrista

Dammit! It has reverted back to the loud whurr, maybe this is the time to upgrade it!! Stupid Furmark lol

Any recommendations on what to get as an upgrade? I play alot of games so something fairly decent, budget around £300

8. Armageus

Don

Geforce 1060 6gb will be a decent upgrade from a 6950 I would think.