• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X1800 XT's now from £199 at OcUK

Whats the alternative to Ati tool to overclock the X1800 XT?

I've tried Ati Tool 0.25 Beta 14 and it just keeps locking up and screen goes blank until i reboot

mines here too. however my cpu isnt so its in its box still. A couple of things - does it require both molex connections to be in? are the cat 6.2 drivers ok to use or can I use omega ones?

I know its not related but what the hell are those big trezer things in the motherboard box (dfi ultra-d)

geeza said:
mines here too. however my cpu isnt so its in its box still. A couple of things - does it require both molex connections to be in? are the cat 6.2 drivers ok to use or can I use omega ones?

I know its not related but what the hell are those big trezer things in the motherboard box (dfi ultra-d)
Both molexes? If you are talking about the PCI-E to dual molex connector, then yes. It is not required but gives a much more stable stream.

The tweezers are for removing jumpers etc - no real use unless you have the stubbiest fingers in the world.

thanks, dammit 6 million molex's here i come! does the graphics card need its own set two from the power supply or should i share other things on the hard drive line? at the moment i have hard drives on one and graphics/dvd drive on the other

Good work Random, nice piece of clocking indeed :cool:
on both counts.

Nice work Gibbo too for getting more top gear (even if i did just miss em :( )

geeza said:
I know its not related but what the hell are those big tweezer things in the motherboard box (dfi ultra-d)

Very handy things! for pulling bios chips, makes you wonder if they expected a lot of bad bios flashing :eek:

Steves_pc said:
Good work Random, nice piece of clocking indeed :cool:
on both counts.

Nice work Gibbo too for getting more top gear (even if i did just miss em :( )

Very handy things! for pulling bios chips, makes you wonder if they expected a lot of bad bios flashing :eek:
I thought they were the SLI jumper tweezers and could be used on all jumpers - I know they can remove the BIOS chip though...

thanks, i used the treezers. Im just using ATi tool and instead of me seeing artifacts when i tried to find the max core temperature it just sort of froze at 650mhz core then turned off my monitor for me. nice

geeza said:
thanks, i used the treezers. Im just using ATi tool and instead of me seeing artifacts when i tried to find the max core temperature it just sort of froze at 650mhz core then turned off my monitor for me. nice

Not enough volts, Clocks keep rising but there arn't enough volts going to the core, thats why it freezes

Back
Top Bottom