• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon X1800 XT's now from £199 at OcUK

A random name said:
I need some tweaks or something to get me some more points, anyone got any tips? :(

Hi m8

Go into task manager and set 3D Mark priority from "normal" to "high" as that can help. Also make sure drivers are on maximum performance and all Vsync and AA/AF is set too disabled.
Set a desk fan blowing on the card and get ambient temperature as cold as possible maybe even duct cold air from out side to the card. Try increase PCI-E and chipset voltage a little in bios.
Also set your PCI-Express speed from the default 100MHz upto approx 110MHz or more as it can drastically help.
Try to eaze that little extra from your CPU, memory and graphics clocks.

Give that little lot a go if you have already not it should see you the extra you need. :)

I say it's cheating to set the drivers to performance :p .
But Gibbo: Does it really help to up the pci-e speed to 110mhz? I thought the cards weren't limited at all by the pci-e speed?? I'm a bit shaking doing that, as I'm afraid I will destroy my card. Is it all safe?

sablabra said:
I say it's cheating to set the drivers to performance :p .
But Gibbo: Does it really help to up the pci-e speed to 110mhz? I thought the cards weren't limited at all by the pci-e speed?? I'm a bit shaking doing that, as I'm afraid I will destroy my card. Is it all safe?

It has a good effect when running in SLI or Crossfire as it provides extra much required bandwidth. Most cards can handles upto 115MHz but beyond that hinders the overclocking of the card, so 110 is a safe area and as a tip you should always set it to 101MHz as STD as it helps stability. :)

11k02.jpg

Gibbo said:
It has a good effect when running in SLI or Crossfire as it provides extra much required bandwidth. Most cards can handles upto 115MHz but beyond that hinders the overclocking of the card, so 110 is a safe area and as a tip you should always set it to 101MHz as STD as it helps stability. :)

But I don't use crossfire nor SLI. I only have one x1800xt 512mb. Would it still have any effect? I flashed it with the PE bios, no further overclocking.

Bookime Wood said:
Great score, been following this thread, and I reckon you are more than likely responsible for a few hitting that order button, a small token gesture from OCUK maybe??...lol

A token of gesture? I think the fact OcUK is able to bring these cards to our customers at such a great price is truly a great deal. We could have decided to increase margin on these and sold them for approx £219 +VAT as they would have still sold very fast. :)

I did also help with getting that little bit extra out of the card. ;)

Got my one yesterday :) and installed it along with my new Mobo.
According to ATI Tool, it seems to default at 593/697 sort of speed, is this normal as I though it was supposed to be 625/750. Does it run at different speeds in 2D and 3D operation.

I ran at stock speed on the X1800 and got 16,500 odd on 3DMark2003 and 31,500 odd on 3DMark2001SE.

I used ATI Tool to find the maximum core speed, which started artifacting at about 639. I upped the vcore voltage in ATI Tool, to 1.4v and it would get as high as 680 on the core. With a bit of a bump on the memory, that went up to 880 before artifacting.

Can anyone tell me what is the safe limit for the vcore and memory voltage on these cards and at what temperature I should start to worry (Its been up to high 70's already).

Great card and great deal, cheers OcUK.

JudgeC said:
According to ATI Tool, it seems to default at 593/697 sort of speed, is this normal as I though it was supposed to be 625/750. Does it run at different speeds in 2D and 3D operation.

Yes, you answered your own question. 2D & 3D speeds are different.

Back
Top Bottom