• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI X1900's arrive & NVIDIA 512MB GTX too!!

MichaelHo said:
sorry, did ALL of the HIS x1900 get sold out? or jus like the xt versions?
i ordered and his xtx around 3pm.

DO you want it changing?

If so call sales now - 0870 443 0880 and they will try to ship out for you tonight otherwise your card will be with you Thursday......

bananaman said:
any of them have games with them?

Right, just for anyone thats interested i got the Sapphire XT thismorning. Inside along with a bunch of cables (4 pin molex to 6 pin power supply and a component out cable etc) were PowerDVD6, the driver disc, PowerDirector 4 and a games disc. The disc has 4 demos on it which you can install, then buy one of them using the supplied code. Nice idea i thought.

Games are Prince of Persia: Warrior Within,Tony Hawk's Underground 2, Richard Burns Rally and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

dis said:
Right, just for anyone thats interested i got the Sapphire XT thismorning. Inside along with a bunch of cables (4 pin molex to 6 pin power supply and a component out cable etc) were PowerDVD6, the driver disc, PowerDirector 4 and a games disc. The disc has 4 demos on it which you can install, then buy one of them using the supplied code. Nice idea i thought.

Games are Prince of Persia: Warrior Within,Tony Hawk's Underground 2, Richard Burns Rally and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

so let me get this straight you get the demos then have to pay more for the game

or

you get one of those 4 free using the special code?

sorry if I am being dim

my sapphire xt still hasnt arrived, although i am at work so will have it mocking me all day anyway

shout out to Gibbo :)

i need help again. sorry :(

very insure. after i keep reading.

i sent this to Gibbo. i hope he can help me or someone can from overclockers. about my order.???

hello. my order number is. ******

i found your email on your thread for the new orders.
though i have a big delemer... what to do.

i did order a::

the order was for a.
BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI
(PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-011-BG)

i really like the look of the saphire or the ati crossfire one. 1900XT but. i would like adive from a proffesional. i did send 3 emails last night on your form system on the website.

my specs are.
CASE - Thermaltake Window Tsunami Dream Aluminium VA3000BWA

MOTHERBOARD - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe S939 NF4 SLI ATX - Sound 2xgln 1394 USB2 SATA

MEMORY - New 2GB OCZ Dual Channel PC4000 Gold DDR Memory

PSU - Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU - Black with UV reacted cables

HARDDRIVE - Western Digital WD740GD 74GD "Raptor" 10,000RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache - OEM

BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) -
Retail (GX-011-BG)

Proccessor to come- Duel AMD 64 4400

i would like to know. what would be the best card to get for this set up. that will allow great performance and last me a few years.

i need someone at overclockers to give me a shout. becuase im very unshure again. i might even stick with the BFG becuase of the package. and warantee. i dont know whether to change or keep the BFG.

i need advice. from you.

im very sorry again to send emails. but its a lot of money for me so im trying to get it right first time.

any help on my order most welcome.

regards chez. white

bananaman said:
so let me get this straight you get the demos then have to pay more for the game

or

you get one of those 4 free using the special code?

There are 4 demos which you can try, you can then enable the full version of any of them with the code on the front of the disc. There are 2 codes though so maybe you get to 'buy' 2 of the games.

Hope that clears it up :-)

EDIT: I haven't tried to use any of the codes so maybe someone who has can confirm thats how it works. I've no idea if its a DVD with full versions on it or it'll be a 'download me' situ, or a disc coming through the post.

Last edited:
dis said:
There are 4 demos which you can try, you can then enable the full version of any of them with the code on the front of the disc. There are 2 codes though so maybe you get to 'buy' 2 of the games.

Hope that clears it up :-)

EDIT: I haven't tried to use any of the codes so maybe someone who has can confirm thats how it works. I've no idea if its a DVD with full versions on it or it'll be a 'download me' situ, or a disc coming through the post.

thanks for this dis - if it works as you think i might choose warrior within as always quite liked the PoP games :)

have you managed to try the card yet?

No problem, i figured people would want to know

Haven't been able to try it out yet, i'm in work and its sitting here teasing me. Shouldn't take long to get setup tonight though, and i'll be able to check if its 1.1ns ram on the card then too, haven't heard any of them not using 1.1 so far.

::: CooliceT :: said:
shout out to Gibbo :)

i need help again. sorry :(

very insure. after i keep reading.

i sent this to Gibbo. i hope he can help me or someone can from overclockers. about my order.???

hello. my order number is. ******

i found your email on your thread for the new orders.
though i have a big delemer... what to do.

i did order a::

the order was for a.
BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI
(PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-011-BG)

i really like the look of the saphire or the ati crossfire one. 1900XT but. i would like adive from a proffesional. i did send 3 emails last night on your form system on the website.

my specs are.
CASE - Thermaltake Window Tsunami Dream Aluminium VA3000BWA

MOTHERBOARD - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe S939 NF4 SLI ATX - Sound 2xgln 1394 USB2 SATA

MEMORY - New 2GB OCZ Dual Channel PC4000 Gold DDR Memory

PSU - Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU - Black with UV reacted cables

HARDDRIVE - Western Digital WD740GD 74GD "Raptor" 10,000RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache - OEM

BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) -
Retail (GX-011-BG)

Proccessor to come- Duel AMD 64 4400

i would like to know. what would be the best card to get for this set up. that will allow great performance and last me a few years.

i need someone at overclockers to give me a shout. becuase im very unshure again. i might even stick with the BFG becuase of the package. and warantee. i dont know whether to change or keep the BFG.

i need advice. from you.

im very sorry again to send emails. but its a lot of money for me so im trying to get it right first time.

any help on my order most welcome.

regards chez. white

Hi there

Are you interested in the idea of adding another card at a later date for SLi or Crossfire?

If so forget about the 7800 GTX 512MB as come March there will be none about......

If you want Crossfire then start by buying a master card now, the ATI branded one as its compatible with all X1900 XT and XT-X cards....
Though when you come to purchase a second X1900 XT slave card you also need to make sure you have a Crossfire motherboard, best solutions at the moment are the Asus A8R-MVP and MSI RD480 Neo or get one of the RD580 based boards in March.

The X1900 is the better buy for many reasons:-
1. Its cheaper
2. Crossfire is more future proof as X1900's have a longer lifespan than current 7800 cards.
3. X1900 is more future proof with its 48 pixel shaders.
4. X1900 is faster in nearly all current games out over 7800 GTX 512mb
5. X1900 will get faster and faster as new driver releases come out.
6. X1800/X1900's have superior in-game image quality over 7800's and once again their 2D quality is sharper.
7. AVIVO is superior to any other VIVO solution on other cards.

If I were you buy yourself an ATI Master X1900 card now if you want to Crossfire in the next month or so, but if Crossfire does not bother you then go for any of the X1900 cards on offer as they are all built by ATI so identical. :)

thank you very much Gibbo for the quick reply.

sorry again for all the emails. was very unshure.
i like the package you get with the BFG but the card was allready overclocked so. i think it would be best to do the change.

is there much difference in the...
ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition*** 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-045-CO)

and the...
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-113-SP)

i will go for the sapphire one. as i notice its has a different 650MHz unless it doesnt make much difference.

but yes. please could you change my order to this card.
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-113-SP)

i will then purchase my proccessor next week aswell from you.
for now im happy with just one card. but maybe summer of next yeah i could allwase upgrade and get another one...

thanks again Gibbo.

great service. ;)

cheers, ice

i like the package you get with the BFG but the card was allready overclocked so. i think it would be best to do the change.

ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition*** 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-045-CO)

and the...

i will go for the sapphire one. as i notice its has a different 650MHz unless it doesnt make much difference.

for now im happy with just one card. but maybe summer of next yeah i could allwase upgrade and get another one...

thanks again Gibbo.

great service. ;)

cheers, ice

the crossfire card means that with a normal x1900xt and the right motherboard you can run 2 x1900 cards at the same time and get better perforamce (at a cost)

the x1900xtx is the slightly faster version of the x1900xt, but in my mind at least i would just get the x1900xt and put the saved cash towards better memory or a faster CPU, but that is your choice.

I have gone for the Sapphire x1900XT which comes in at about £410 incl VAT

hope this helps

and the...

thanks again Gibbo.

great service. ;)

cheers, ice

Hi m8

Ordered changed and it will be with you tomorrow. :)

bananaman said:
thanks for this dis - if it works as you think i might choose warrior within as always quite liked the PoP games :)

have you managed to try the card yet?

Yes you get the same with the sapphire x1800 XT, you use the 2x codes and it gives you the full versions of the games for nowt, think you can only get the first 2x though, as i tried both codes to get Richard Burns Rally, but it would'nt have it, kept saying wrong code, or can't be used or something, so ive never bothered getting any. :(

Back
Top Bottom