Attn GPU Folders

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Stop your folding clients. Go to your FAHclient folders and drill down through the cores until you get to the client folder for your GPU (in my case NVIDIA). Delete that and then restart your folding. It should download the current client after a short pause. At least it did on mine.

Associate
Is it just bad luck or am I doing something wrong?

Moved to version 7.2.9

I've added the client-type beta and next-unit-percentage 100 in the extra slot options for my GPUs. I have folded two 8018 units which scored about 12200 PPD and I then had two 7623 units :(

I thought perhaps the 2.22 client would help matters however looking for the 2.25 client to replace it I noticed that there were two folders in the file path ..."Data\cores\www.stanford.edu\~pande\Win32\x86\NVIDIA\fermi" one called beta and the other called Core_15.fah in both these folders was the FahCore_15.exe (7.71MB). I stopped the client and copied in the old 2.22 client to both locations and restarted folding.

Automatically 2.22 was updated to 2.25 but only in the Core_15.fah folder and not in the beta folder. I have got two more 7263 units. These units are rubbish only scoring 8736 PPD.

Previous to the upgrade I was getting 11500 to 15000 PPD :(

Associate
I have the same problem. Core is auto updating to 2.25 and I'm getting 7263 WUs. PPD on my main rig has dropped to 40k which is a contrast to the 480k I had been getting when I had two 8057s on the go :D

Lets hope it's a blip and we get those juicy WUs back soon.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes I get the good WUs sometimes not. I've just left the client core thing on the 2.25. Indeed it crashed after the first WU when I tried the 2.22 thing. Still I'm not complaining, a supposed PPD of over 100k from a single PC does me very nicely thanks.

Man of Honour
OP
Just got three :)

Just so you guys know, the reason the 2.25 client and 2.22 client are in different directories is because the only beta WU's are the 8057's and they will automatically use the 2.22 client, wheras any other WU will use the non beta 2.25 client from the non beta directory.

Also if you are on a Keplar device you *have* to use 2.25

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Anyone know if these WUs are still in beta, or have things changed. I don't seem to be getting the massive boost anymore. Of course if standard settings are able to get reasonable performance we should perhaps revert?

Man of Honour
OP
Unified GPU/SMP benchmarking scheme implemented

The unified GPU/SMP benchmarking scheme will be rolled out today on FAH. All the future GPU projects would now be benchmarked using the new scheme. Most of the existing GPU projects have been re-benchmarked to reflect the changes in the benchmarking scheme. We are still in the process of re-benchmarking some old projects assigned to ATI and G80 GPUs. The uniform benchmarking scheme significantly boosts the base points for all GPU projects. However, Quick Return Bonus for the GPU clients has not been introduced at this stage, but will be introduced once we work out an issue on our side. We would like to thank all the beta testers who participated in testing the unified benchmarking scheme.

Soldato
even tho the 8057 WU have finsihed, do you still need to leave the added text on the gpu slot to get the QRB bonus? , ive reinstalled F@H and havnt added anything back in yet.

Back
Top Bottom