Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Will there be any cartels bidding might help get the prices up although would mean more work for the mods of course.
Sounds like a win win to me.

Permabanned
DRZ said:
Its just a shame I cant afford to bid on these :(

This is why some cartels are needed to get the prices up.
I reckon £150 a pot is about as most as any of us are going to go as single bidders.
However if 5 people clubbed together to get 10k posts each we might see each pot go for £250 +

Von - what do you think mate ?

Soldato
We could raise so much more by auctioning them off in smaller quantities!!

I think most people would contribute £10 for 1000 posts, that would raise thousands!

Permabanned
Mulder said:
We could raise so much more by auctioning them off in smaller quantities!!

I think most people would contribute £10 for 1000 posts, that would raise thousands!

It really is rather looking as though we could raise more cash by auctioning smaller quantities of posts.
I am sure lots of people would be in for £10 or £20 and there would still be several of us in for £100 or so.
Whether I get 10k or 50k posts doesn't make much difference to me and I'll still bid the same amount of cash regardless.

I understand it would require much more administration and work, I am more than happy to help if I can.

Soldato
VIRII said:
It really is rather looking as though we could raise more cash by auctioning smaller quantities of posts.
I am sure lots of people would be in for £10 or £20 and there would still be several of us in for £100 or so.
Whether I get 10k or 50k posts doesn't make much difference to me and I'll still bid the same amount of cash regardless.

I understand it would require much more administration and work, I am more than happy to help if I can.

Seconded :)

Associate
Unfortunately I'm unable to bid the amount of money that I'd really like to be able to.

Perhaps joint bids could be put in and the post count of the auction if won by 2 or more members clubbing together could be shared?

Soldato
tiggy said:
Unfortunately I'm unable to bid the amount of money that I'd really like to be able to.

Perhaps joint bids could be put in and the post count of the auction if won by 2 or more members clubbing together could be shared?

That's the problem. I would happily bid £20 but that is not enough. If we could simply sell the posts for a set amount per 1000 (just for example)we could raise 100x what we are looking at at the moment!

rlm

rlm

Associate
I'd bid if this continues to October 7th or past, so I can get paid again first. The name of the last auction sounds so wrong :p I thought wtf, how can people be selling babies in GD, they should know they are sold in members market.

Soldato
How about a few auctions for fewer posts? I personally would be really happy to donate £10 or £20 or so, but as a student I really can't afford much more than that.

Soldato
Whitewater said:
Auctioning smaller lots (worth £20-£30) will raise a lot more money but be hellish to administer. Besides, Bigstan keeps out bidding me :( :p

I'm sure many people would help out as much as they can. :)

Permabanned
I have one more possible way of doing this if anyone is interested.
Put down as much cash as you are prepared to put towards the auction ie your max bid.
Total all max bids.
Divide number of posts being auctioned by sum total of max bids.
This will give number of posts per £1 and then divide up accordingly.

In orer to keep the high punters in competiton allow 1 week to put your high bid in, you can change it at any time during the week. The more you bid the more posts you get.

This way everyone gives all that they can and no low bidders are left out but it is a royal pia for the mods.

Soldato
Hows about placing lots of 1000 posts on a well-known "auction" site and allowing us to bid through that. The money then goes through the usual PayPal system, cheques, etc. to an organiser's account. No pain in the neck for da Mods. It really depends on how many of us use said "auction" site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom