Audi owners in here!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Haven't had much chance to get out and drive it since getting it, but managed a little run out today and yeah it's rather rapid!

It's like the Golf but turned up to 11, feels like it just keeps pulling, and the noises it makes are just lovely :)

Sunroof open, exhaust valves open, downshifting, snap crackle and pop.

Soldato
According to the prefacelift RS3 guys, the facelifts don't sound as good. I think they're right, def less pops and crackles on the new shape.

I've got a soft spot for the 5 cylinder engine, but then I always wanted a UR quattro. Pics please :D

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Hah they do look good in that green or the purple :p

Ideally I'd have quite liked chav spec of nardo (primer) grey and the black and silver wheels, but findind something in decent spec at a reasonable price.

This came up reasonably local in my joint preferred colour combo with the nardo, and in a great spec at a good price.

Debadged from factory as well so looks even plainer (plus body coloured mirrors were specced, guess the original owner wanted it to not stand out too much), still can't decide if I want to add the badges back on although the ridiculous calipers give it away a little, if you notice them.

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's like a RS6-mini-me after this new 2015+ facelift, I prefer it to the more "A3" looking 2012 RS3

Definitely has that look to it! Been having some fun driving it this weekend just gone, with everything set to comfort it's smoother and quieter (and maybe a little softer on the ride) than the Golf was, stick it in dynamic and it all firms up and the engine makes lots of nice noises :)

Steering is typical Audi though, rather vague even on the 'sportiest' of settings, but I didn't buy it to be a pin point accurate sports car, it's more brute force and ignorance.

Been looking at ceramic coating stuff as I'm lazy so something that makes it look good after minimal washing effort that lasts a year or so (supposedly) could be nice, and whilst the wheels are in godo nick they are a big grubby inside the rim so be nice to have those sorted properly and coated as well.

Other than that doesn't really need anything else doing to it.

Man of Honour
I took my R8 into Tamworth Audi this morning for its annual service, MOT and a few bits of work that need attending to. Sadly not 2 minutes after leaving my house, I had to swerve to avoid a farmer with tractor and trailer intent on just coming at me and scuffed a front nearside wheel on the only kerb on the entire lane. Angry does not do it justice and one more job added to the list. Have to say I have been MUCH more impressed with Tamworth Audi compared to Stoke Audi. They understand the R8 better and the owners. To have the service assistant come over to me on arrival and say "Mr Housey, we only have A1 courtesy cars left and really that isn't an appropriate car for you, so I am fixing that" shows they have the right mindset. After they said this I would have happily taken an A1 as it shows they think the right way, but they managed to get me a nice A6 with all the toys so I am now in middle management heaven.

47612959771_4d7fa69f28_k.jpg

Impressed with the A6 it must be said, though the digital screens are a pain and do not work as well as buttons no matter how successful the iPad is. On the move it is an imprecise way of adjusting stuff!

47559972512_11c7d04d85_k.jpg

Engine is better than my Merc. Interior design I prefer the Merc, but the A6 is more modern with more adjustments. It actually rides just as well, it may even ride a touch better which surprises me and Audi again seems to have taken a slight drop in plastic quality. I think BMW is now the leader here as this car has a creak from the dashboard and the touch is not that special. But it has lots of clever tech and the systems are impressive. Goes better than my Merc, but no idea what engine it has in it, bar it being a 4 pot diesel. What this shows me is with a 5/E/A6 you can not go wrong. All are superb daily cruisers and they all have merits over the other cars and of course elements they don't do as well.

Nice motor the new A6, like the A4 Audi has 2 cars that are as good as the competition now, not behind it in many areas.

Soldato
First service on the S5 today. Hit 16,000 in just over a year and it was flashing it was due any min.

£455 all in. Pretty much daylight robbery for dropping the oil. Oh, and to walk around recording a vid telling me everything was fine, which on a 1-year-old id be surprised if it wasn't.

My own fault, just been so busy with work that I thought id just get it done without shopping around.

Was more shocked when I bumped into the sales guy that sold me the car, saying how its going to be a diesel next year :eek:

Soldato
Soldato
First service on the S5 today. Hit 16,000 in just over a year and it was flashing it was due any min.

£455 all in. Pretty much daylight robbery for dropping the oil. Oh, and to walk around recording a vid telling me everything was fine, which on a 1-year-old id be surprised if it wasn't.

My own fault, just been so busy with work that I thought id just get it done without shopping around.

Was more shocked when I bumped into the sales guy that sold me the car, saying how its going to be a diesel next year :eek:
S6/S7 are TDI, nothing I have noticed says S5 is changing to this powertrain

Caporegime
the digital screens are a pain and do not work as well as buttons no matter how successful the iPad is. On the move it is an imprecise way of adjusting stuff!

47559972512_11c7d04d85_k.jpg

I really wish manufacturers would make note of this rather than just pandering to the “I must use a touchscreen for everything” generation. I really don’t want a touchscreen as the main control interface, but given the direction of the industry there will likely be little option in a few year’s time. :(

Back
Top Bottom