Audi owners in here!

I just got a new Q8 Etron to replace my 4 year old Model 3. It's a really nice place to be, but it's not actually as big of an improvement as I expected. It's definitely significantly better built and feels much more solid, but MMI and car play aren't as good as Tesla's infotainment system.
I've also found the hill hold and the pressure required to release the parking brake makes reversing in tight spaces tricky.
There's a lot of things that Tesla (rightly, sometimes) get maligned for, but there's also a lot of things they've got right in terms of the driving experience and UX of an electric car.

I just got a new Q8 Etron to replace my 4 year old Model 3. It's a really nice place to be, but it's not actually as big of an improvement as I expected. It's definitely significantly better built and feels much more solid, but MMI and car play aren't as good as Tesla's infotainment system.
I've also found the hill hold and the pressure required to release the parking brake makes reversing in tight spaces tricky.
There's a lot of things that Tesla (rightly, sometimes) get maligned for, but there's also a lot of things they've got right in terms of the driving experience and UX of an electric car.
I've never loved mine but it does the job. Lack of OTA software updates is annoying, MMI is pretty "meh". Not being able to get Android Auto maps into the drivers cluster is annoying.

Efficiency is absolutely terrible too.

Last edited:
Yes, efficiency is not great. I am averaging approx 2.5 miles per KWh across a mixture of driving so far; that gives a real world range of approx 260 miles.

Following on from my small sporty car thread here - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/small-sportyish-car-up-to-10k.18992443/ I'm hopefully going to look at a 2015 S1 next week.

Does anybody have one, and is there anything to look out for on them? Cheers.
Some engines will drink oil, others won't. Make sure it's been looked after well and has had diff oil changes, etc.
Have a look through some buyer's guides, etc.
Getting sick of my Etron trying to kill me.

Lane departure just randomly engages nonsensically so has to be turned off every drive.

Emergency braking is also absolutely retarded. I've had it slam on the brakes for pedestrians walking on the pavement on a bend and today it slammed the brakes on as I coasted up a car slowly turning left in front of me and I wanted to skirt round.

Useless.
You need to change the sensitivity in the settings. The default settings are rather sensitive. As for the lane departure, it does get easily confused by multiple markings, but when it works well it's not as intrusive as some systems. Thankfully you can just turn it off and on using the button on the end of indicator stalk.

Back
Top Bottom