Audi owners in here!

Soldato
The missus took her car to get serviced, we had it from new, went back for the first service, they were told in advance it was a while you wait job, she didn't need a car to go anywhere in particular, she went in for time she was supposed to be there - they took 4 hours, when they said it would be about 1.
They also "washed" the car - it looked like a 5 year old had done it, you know lots of random shaped areas of dirt where the sponge had just been swooshed over the car without looking if they'd got all of it.

They never saw the car again.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;24449578 said:
I hear some spend 2-3 hours on a proper job using a fresh washmit each time.

Not.

I'm sure they have enough expensive metal through the dealers that they don't destroy every cars paintwork.

As I said the time I took mine they did a more than passable job inside and out.

Associate
I'm thinking about it (granted not for 18 months or so), but it would have to be the S3 saloon.

I don't think it's a bad decision at all, if the new A3's I've driven are anything to go by, it will be a belter.

Got to sit in one of the A3 saloons tonite, it's a LHD one "doing the rounds" of the Audi dealerships. Not for me a saloon, but a red sportback S3 - nice.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking about it (granted not for 18 months or so), but it would have to be the S3 saloon.

In 18 months time though there will be sufficient high spec ones kicking around the Audi network for you to pick up a far better deal on a year old one though surely?

Caporegime
They are only coming out in 2014, so possibly, but it might be a bit early for used stock to actually work out cheaper than buying new. I could always wait to see if any do turn up though, however I already know I'd want a pretty specific set of optional extras and colours.

Soldato
Dropped it in for a service and got a 'new' A3. I was kinda of hoping it was the A5 waiting outside but no. I told them specifically not to wash my car and got him to write it down on the service sheet as well. :p

First impressions, don't like it. The engine (which I assume is the 1.6 diesel) feels awful and managed about 51 mpg average on the way home. According to the courtesy car form its a £24k car. :o

a3photo1.jpg

a3photo2.jpg

a3photo3.jpg

Associate
Ah, ok - thank you. That makes sense, but it is still a huge additional capacity available relative to the size of the tank.

Very odd. I'll be pretty much all the way to Bath before the gauge starts to move then!

You also have to watch out how much you fill it, the extra space in the tank is for the expansion of the fuel so if you aren't going to use the fuel straight away its not advised you use the space as if it expands and has no space it will leak out

Caporegime
Out of interest, have you got any guides on bumper removal, I need to fit my Black Optics grill soon and it looks like a bumper off job, plus I can upgrade the horrible yellow fog bulbs too.

Have you done this yet?

My black grill arrived yesterday and I'm probably going to tackle it at the weekend.

I don't know whether to transplant the gloss black trim onto my grey grill (so that it matches the fog surrounds), or to use the matt black grill with the gloss black trim.

What options are there for fog light bulbs?

Permabanned
Fraid not Para, not really had the spare time due to my brother passing, hopefully get it sorted in the next few weeks.

My grill is the gloss black one and i'll stick with the chrome surround on mine, as the car is black. Dont like too much black! With the fogs, either LED or ice white bulbs should match my xenons nicely.

Soldato
You also have to watch out how much you fill it, the extra space in the tank is for the expansion of the fuel so if you aren't going to use the fuel straight away its not advised you use the space as if it expands and has no space it will leak out

Exactly how much fuel did you put in? Fuel tank is 45 litres I think.

Shouldn't you not over fill to much because when the temp changes etc then it can cause it to expand in hot weather? I might be talking a load of ******** but I'm sure I read about it elsewhere. :o

Both those make perfect sense. I reckon there was a good 50 litres in the tank, as I did 480 miles.

Xez

Xez

Associate
A few pictures from my recent track day at Blyton Park, absolutely brilliant and I can't wait for the next one! I wasn't going to push hard as it's my every day car but that soon changed as soon as I started :D

blyton2.jpg

blyton1.jpg

blyton3.jpg

Managed to go through an entire tank and now I'm wanting a GoPro camera and some TTRS brakes for next time.

Back
Top Bottom