Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2020, Melbourne - Race 1/22

Rate the marble racing video

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
and the statement from the FIA states they had a discussion about it on Thursday evening and concluded the race was off..............but waited till 2 hours before FP1 on Friday and all the punters had turned up at the track to announce it WTF?!

Remember the time difference to Australia. Thursday evening is the middle of the night in Australia and they presumably wanted to talk to the track before putting out the announcement.

Permabanned
I'm supposed to be heading to Vietnam for that race but me and my friends decided not to bother even before Australia was cancelled.when did you go Australia?

Been in Perth for a week and arrived in Melbourne last night. Going to Sydney on Monday until Friday. Was then supposed to be going to Bahrain to watch the next race but trying to rearrange flights and go back to Perth for a week. We have relatives in Perth which we haven’t seen for 5 years so will be nice to go back and see them again.

Soldato
Seems like a massive farse if you ask me. The personal/equipment/cars and some of the fans are already there so the damage is done. They should have called it off a week ago or at least made it closed-door etc.

Well F1 2019 is £12 atm so ill be buying that and using my imagination lol

Man of Honour
Jelle's marble runs is fun to watch, he's doing a season called Marbula One with qualifying and commentary.. one race required the 'safety marble', almost died laughing :D harmless fun!

The Marble Olympics they did were good fun. Haven't seen the Safety Marble yet though.

Soldato
the FIA cannot cancel because there are too many commercial agreements that in cancelling, the liability would come back to us.”

The health authorities did not at this stage consider it necessary to cancel the event. The FIA did not wish to make itself liable to commercial damages.

And that about sums up all you need to know.

Absolutely ridiculous that they would put the whole of the F1 paddock and however many fans at risk just because they don't want to lose money :mad:

Soldato
Absolutely ridiculous that they would put the whole of the F1 paddock and however many fans at risk just because they don't want to lose money :mad:

Sheer arrogance, it seems like they thought the fans would just get on with it, and the teams would have no issues. Instead the teams catch it first (same mentality as the football in the uk).

Caporegime
Let's say a sensible guess is half season could be run.

Would they run it? I guess they would as otherwise its just lost cash for everyone

Soldato
Crazy idea for later in year when COVID19 is hopefully not so deadly...

Pick a track or two that has several layouts and run races on different layouts over a number of days, to make up for ones missed early in season?

Associate
They should have gone ahead with it, it's like gathering everyone for a football game and then cancelling a few minutes before the game.. The fans and teams are already there, just get on with it.

Caporegime
They should have gone ahead with it, it's like gathering everyone for a football game and then cancelling a few minutes before the game.. The fans and teams are already there, just get on with it.
Some of the teams didn’t want to race. McLaren pulled out, Mercedes said they wouldn’t race regardless, Ferrari wanted to pull out too along with Alfa Romeo.

Caporegime
Crazy idea for later in year when COVID19 is hopefully not so deadly...

Pick a track or two that has several layouts and run races on different layouts over a number of days, to make up for ones missed early in season?
You could have like ten races at Paul Ricard! And every one would be a procession.

Associate
Some of the teams didn’t want to race. McLaren pulled out, Mercedes said they wouldn’t race regardless, Ferrari wanted to pull out too along with Alfa Romeo.

I know McLearn pulled out, that was more precautionary than not being able to participate..

Whatever damage was done in terms of spreading the virus has already been done.

Back
Top Bottom