Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2020, Melbourne - Race 1/22

Rate the marble racing video

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Just started downloading ~25GB for the free play trial that ends on 19th...

Anyone downloaded the free trial and then purchased? No further download required to convert to full game?

Soldato
So did anyone catch the e sport f1 gp? Norris and a mix of other sim racers and real sportsman
I watched the rFactor2 The Race All Star one at the Nurburgring with Max Verstappen and 30-40 other real and sim racers and Jack Nicholls (Formula E) and Jolyon Palmer commentating.

It was a fun watch, but have to say the Esports guys were generally a heck of a lot better behaved than the real racers! Felix Rosenqvist gave a good account of himself, but it would have been good to see what Verstappen could have done in the final had he not been caught up in several accidents - he was a few places ahead of Rosenqvist at the start.

It's good of everyone to get together and put something on for people. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's better than nothing and good to see them in even cars. Just a shame it was rF2 they used rather than iRacing.

Max and Lando have been part of Team Redline for a good few years now, one of the top teams who have been around for two decades, so they're seasoned sim-racers. They also count arguably the greatest sim-racer Gregor Huttu among their ranks, though he's not the force he once was (Huttu basically won whatever Huttu did). Literally a true legend in Grand Prix Legends.

Caporegime
The race was pretty good, some might say marblous

But. Commentary was poor. Just like Crofty

Missed loads of action and overtakes. Even some coming off the home straight were missed

Associate
I watched the rFactor2 The Race All Star one at the Nurburgring with Max Verstappen and 30-40 other real and sim racers and Jack Nicholls (Formula E) and Jolyon Palmer commentating.

It was a fun watch, but have to say the Esports guys were generally a heck of a lot better behaved than the real racers! Felix Rosenqvist gave a good account of himself, but it would have been good to see what Verstappen could have done in the final had he not been caught up in several accidents - he was a few places ahead of Rosenqvist at the start.

It's good of everyone to get together and put something on for people. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's better than nothing and good to see them in even cars. Just a shame it was rF2 they used rather than iRacing.

Max and Lando have been part of Team Redline for a good few years now, one of the top teams who have been around for two decades, so they're seasoned sim-racers. They also count arguably the greatest sim-racer Gregor Huttu among their ranks, though he's not the force he once was (Huttu basically won whatever Huttu did). Literally a true legend in Grand Prix Legends.

Ah thanks for the heads up on team redline. I am now looking forward to the real esport competition in tomorrow's Round 1 session.
Will check out the all star race, sounds like it was more professional than the F1 2019 streams this weekend, which themselves were entertaining.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I fired up Melbourne on F1 2019 with my wheel. It made me realise that I prefer racing the track than watching the track, I’ll be damned if I could beat Lewis’ pole time from last year :(

Soldato
I think i said here before but I said that f1 should cancel until after the summer break as there's still like 10 races to go after the summer break

They won't cancel races (and/or scrap the season) due to money - hence why only two races have been cancelled, Australia and Monaco, and the rest postponed.

If they can get racing for Hungary/Spa, then i would the assume the obvious and most sensible option would be to run a shortened season as it would lessen the affect on next year. But considering the above, typical FOM/FIA will push for reschedules (postponed circuits too tbf) and run an extended season into winter which will ****-up 2021.

Soldato
If they can get racing for Hungary/Spa, then i would the assume the obvious and most sensible option would be to run a shortened season as it would lessen the affect on next year. But considering the above, typical FOM/FIA will push for reschedules (postponed circuits too tbf) and run an extended season into winter which will ****-up 2021.
Other than the obvious issue of a horribly condensed period for team employees, it might not have too much effect on 2021 as, other than McLaren, all the cars can be identical to those which finish this season (if it goes ahead) and indeed chassis changes are outlawed for every other team. The only rule change I'm aware of is the banning of DAS, so testing can be minimal (just limited to filming days), so this season could carry on into early 2021 without affecting next season.

The bigger issue will be how many teams we still have for 2021, and whether the commercial rights holder is still operating for that matter. The fact that both F1 and British teams are furloughing most staff should mean that most ought to be able to complete 2020 and hopefully start 2021. The prospects for the longer term and manufacturer teams is less certain and will largely depend on how the markets cope in the coming months and how well they rally as the affect declines.

Haas will be an expected casualty though. They were already looking at pulling the plug long before COVID-19 ravaged the sporting calendar.

Back
Top Bottom