Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2020, Melbourne - Race 1/22

Rate the marble racing video

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Brawn said:
“Obviously if a team makes its own choice not to go to a race, that’s their decision.

“But where a team is prevented from going to a race because of a decision of the country then it’s difficult to have a fair competition.”

Soldato
If they chose to go ahead with the race after a sensible measure has been taken by a team to withdraw and protect other teams members, spectators, and anyone else who happens to be around at the time then I'll not bother watching the sport anymore.

Soldato
There will always be a few of the smaller teams who will want to race as it's a chance to get wins and prize money that they would never otherwise get near. Of course the whole sport is a machine for making money, so there will be a lot of vested interests (promoters, TV, circuits, sponsors, etc) who would like it to go ahead regardless.
Quite. It will play havoc with the likes of Sky and F1TV probably under huge pressure to refund subscribers (partially or in full) and I'm sure that goes in lots of countries too.

Then you've got the public who have tickets for the sessions this weekend (and in upcoming races). Who foots that bill? Their ticket is with the race organisers, not F1. Smaller teams might be in serious trouble if much of the season is cancelled as sponsors won't get their TV time and teams have already gone to great expense to build and prepare cars and power units, some of which might not race and team personnel still need to be paid.

While I'm sure F1 makes a pretty penny, I doubt they have sufficient money to shore up smaller teams, refund tickets and compensate broadcasters.

I can understand them wanting to continue from here, but they should never have arrived.

Health has to come first, but let's not under-estimate the other knock on issues too.

Soldato
I guess some of the larger teams with the vast funds could help soften the smaller teams' budget blow, but they've still got their own issues. They do need to support each other as a sport though, as well as think about the human aspects right now, rather than just pure business.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
You know what? I hope the race is cancelled. I hope that the cancellation is a gigantic cluster-****. And I hope that it utterly trashes the huge, monolithic block of stupid that the business side of F1 has become over the last three decades or so.

Then, when the dust settles, maybe this can get back to being a sport instead of a pointless circus...

Caporegime
You know what? I hope the race is cancelled. I hope that the cancellation is a gigantic cluster-****. And I hope that it utterly trashes the huge, monolithic block of stupid that the business side of F1 has become over the last three decades or so.

Then, when the dust settles, maybe this can get back to being a sport instead of a pointless circus...
Absolutely this.

This race (maybe the whole season) is toast, the sooner they wake up to life outside the corporate F1 bubble, the better.

Soldato

Sternclappingface.jpg

Agree 100%

Soldato
Which probably would have happened by now, if there was anywhere as much money invested in Formula E as there is in F1 :)

Indeed, and the investment from companies like Mercedes etc. who use the trickle down technology aren't going to want to be wasting money developing pointless engines/technologies that cannot be used elsewhere and F1 just being a money pit unless they are always winning.

When do you think Ryzen 4000 will be launched and why?
Swapping out a battery pack could be like a wheel change now, getting better and better, it's not something they can't do if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom