1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2020, Melbourne - Race 1/22

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, Mar 10, 2020.

?

Rate the marble racing video

Poll closed Mar 20, 2020.
  1. Great

52.8%
  2. Coronavirus

47.2%
  1. this_is_gav

Soldato

Sky also have a vested interest (ie trying to get every last subscriber possible).

2. Journey

Sgarrista

Sky would always chose that direction as they pay a fortune for the rights to show it, we'll see who is right shortly I guess.

3. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

I'd rather f1 is killed then u and I or any f1 fan and personal.

Heath is more important

4. Scania

Capodecina

BBC news reporting it’s off, BBC Radio 5 still running trailers for the upcoming race......

5. JRS

Capodecina

Left hand doesn't know who the right hand is tossing off. Same old story in UK media!

6. Spunkey

Capodecina

Probably more to do with the FIA/Liberty not having a single unified plan of how to deal with this, so some people are saying X and others saying Y.

It's a ******* mess.

7. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

So what happens now. Which races do they decide to go to? No wonder they are struggling with the decision, it sounds very complicated.

8. SS-89

Sgarrista

TBH cancel the first 4 races and see how it develops. F1 being a global sport is probably the most at risk of transmission with fans/media etc. No chance Liberty does it but just doesn't make sense to have this will they/wont they for the next 4 weeks or so.

9. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

I'm pretty sure Sky would still be trying to get people to pay for a subscription to the Sky F1 channel for the year if F1 is cancelled for a season... :p

10. Journey

Sgarrista

Guarantee they won't refund you the money if it is cancelled.

11. koolpc

Capodecina

Races should be cancelled until early summer or until this virus is under control

12. MissChief

Capodecina

Football subscribers don’t get money off when a match gets postponed.

13. Journey

Sgarrista

Ermm.. I was on about 50% of the races or the entire year. Also that's like comparing getting a refund on a single chip in a meal vs one of the courses, there are hundreds of football games dedicated to many, many teams, but only one F1 race, with many teams involved.

14. EVH

Don

The only way I can see them actually running races this year, is to screen every member of every team prior to an event and hold it behind closed doors.

It might make the podium celebration a bit interesting, though.

15. freebooter

Wise Guy

Sky has a video up saying it is cancelled but haven't put an article or headline up https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/11956422/australian-grand-prix-called-off

I am not sure whether cancelling completely really reduces the risk much compared to running the race without spectators. I suspect that most of the risk to the teams etc comes from the travel and hotels etc which they have already done.

It will also be interesting to know where the Mclaren team member got infected ie whether it was out there or travelling or were they infected before going? It seems quick to show symptoms if it was in Aus.

16. deuse

Capodecina

If they have been tested it should not be a problem.

17. Journey

Sgarrista

Anyone any idea what is going to happen now? They staying in Aus, or going to Bahrain to isolate for a good while?

18. hominid

Mobster

If they are going to do the right thing races should be halted until it passes, now that they've cancelled Austalia I can see them doing the same for a few - at least until the European races. Even that would be too soon for the virus to be past, this could rattle on for the whole year - even more if they don't get on top of it.

19. Journey

Sgarrista

I feel you might be correct, maybe they can run some races in September - December for a very short season.

20. Flibster

Caporegime

Still heard nothing officially....

Liberty doing a goooood job here.