Auxillis experience?

Associate
I had the joy of someone driving into my front wing today whilst they tried to drive into a car parking space next to me.

I witnessed them doing it and confronted them. Good job really because they were going to walk into the shop and ignore it, he even tried to deny it after I pulled him up and showed the scuffs with his paint on my car.

The guy was trying to laugh it off and ignore it but said he’d pay if I got a quote. I get the impression he may not so I’m going to go through insurance

I logged the claim with Admiral and they’ve given me the option of using a company called Auxillis.
Reviews seem ok but not quite sure

Anyone have any feedback on them or if I should pay the excess and pursue with Admiral?

Soldato
We had a rather poor experience with Auxilis...they were quick to deal with the claim, get our car collected, and put us in a like-for-like courtesy...but the car came back from their "approved repairer" without them even bothering to repair part of the damage, and obviously so. Granted the issue was with the incompetence of the garage rather than Auxilis themselves, but it mind of soured the whole experience.

Post in thread 'Insurance approved repair vs. finding your own' https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ir-vs-finding-your-own.18937345/post-35093212

Last edited:
Soldato
Be wary of T&Cs regarding what happens if the other party disputes fault, you might end up on the hook for thousands in hire car fees.

Edit - like this poor chap, what a load of unnecessary grief

Then at the end of March I was informed that the other driver's insurer was refusing to pay for my claim and when I had signed up to use Auxillis I had to agreed to assist them in the event of them having to recover costs through court action. Otherwise I will be liable for all the costs! I then find that a solicitor has been appointed, 200 miles away from where I live, to represent me in reclaiming the cost of my claim - ('my claim', not Auxillis) - from the other insurer. They estimate this may take 9-12 months. I may be required to attend court. I had lots of forms and statements to fill in over the next few weeks regarding the accident, my financial situation, my need to have a hire car. Now in July I am told that I am the claimant in the County Court against the other driver and her insurer. She has a completely different description of the accident and says she wasn't at fault and her insurance company want me to prove why I used an expensive management claims company, why I needed a hire car, why the repairs were so expensive and why they took so long to complete.

Last edited:
Soldato
thought auxillis were just ambulance chasers from earlier threads,
with caveats like - they sign you up for a loaner car, but the small print says you are liable for the excess cost if charge is deemed unreasonable by the other guys insurance company

Soldato
Don't take a hire car from them! Someone crashed into my car in September 2022 and it's been an absolute nightmare!

The third party insurance refused to pay for the overpriced hire car and the case is being taken to court. My case is still not resolved.

Soldato
Don't take a hire car from them! Someone crashed into my car in September 2022 and it's been an absolute nightmare!

The third party insurance refused to pay for the overpriced hire car and the case is being taken to court. My case is still not resolved.
Surely this is an issue with insurance, rather than Auxillis?

Auxillis were good for me recently. Dropped the car off when agreed, collected when agreed, worked well.

Associate
I have experience with this company. Let's just say I would never use them again myself. In my opinion, the on-going hassles and anxiety caused was really not worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
Auxillis were great for us recently. Hassle-free and the courtesy car was a step up from ours.
Auxillis were good for me recently. Dropped the car off when agreed, collected when agreed, worked well.

Yep, that bit works fine.

Just wait until the other party's insurance sees the cost of the hire car you were provided with.

If they challenge that fee, prepare for the fun and games to begin... :(

Last edited:
Soldato
@Hussman we have courtesy car included in our policy and it was arranged by Churchill so they will have to deal with any hassle that results from the other party.

Soldato
@Hussman we have courtesy car included in our policy and it was arranged by Churchill so they will have to deal with any hassle that results from the other party.
If you accepted a car from auxillis that isn't what is included on your own insurance policy. You're taking out a super inflated cost hire car on credit which you are liable for if the third parties insurance refuses to pay out, which is what has happened to me and many others.

Soldato
If you accepted a car from auxillis that isn't what is included on your own insurance policy. You're taking out a super inflated cost hire car on credit which you are liable for if the third parties insurance refuses to pay out, which is what has happened to me and many others.
Did your insurance policy include courtesy car in the event of an incident? Also, did you receive an email from Auxillis stating your insurance company has arranged it and will pay for the hire?

I have had all the correspondence stating it was arranged by and will be paid for by Churchill. I'm not sure how they would be able to pin it on me, although I wouldn't be surprised if they at least tried to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did your insurance policy include courtesy car in the event of an incident? Also, did you receive an email from Auxillis stating your insurance company has arranged it and will pay for the hire?

I have had all the correspondence stating it was arranged by and will be paid for by Churchill. I'm not sure how they would be able to pin it on me, although I wouldn't be surprised if they at least tried to.
Nope I didn't have that with admiral, they just put me through to auxillis after I spoke to them to let them know someone had crashed into my parked car.

It sounds like your case might be slightly different then if you have written proof of them covering the hire car under your insurance instead of the other persons.

Soldato
BMW put a claim through with Auxillis during covid instead of us going through insurance. All went well and had a M240i as a courtesy car, the only petrol car they could offer in place of my wifes 220i. The car was repaired and then two years later we started getting letters from solicitors about a potential court case we would have to attend. The at fault insurance company were disputing the hire car charge (M240i) which Auxillis were charging about £3500 for 12 days hire, which was nearly double the repair cost of the wing an painting it. It went on for over a year with solitors letters bouncing back and forth, havent heard anything in the last 12 months though so i guess they settled in the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom