Back4Blood

Soldato
crowbcat's video did an absolute number on B4B. The month that his/their video released, L4D2 enjoyed a player bump of +4.5k players - about 3/4 of what B4B's entire player count* was at the time (*according to Steam Charts, take with a grain of salt). Meanwhile B4B continues to hemorrhage players month after month. I'd be surprised if this game is still alive this time next year.

I just don't get it. IMO, B4B is the better game. Subjective i know, but L4D is just a bit too mindless shooting.

Soldato
It’s hard to know what’s nostalgia and what’s genuine feelings, but I always thought L4Ds charm was in its simplicity. The higher difficulties required good skill and communication, and even then a bad director spree could end it regardless of what you did.

B4Bs card system, whilst great for players enjoying a grind, completely put me off. Certain weapon/characters/play styles are unviable unless you have a full deck of cards unlocked, and the difficulty is entirely based around cheesing the card system rather than shooting mechanics.

Permabanned
It’s hard to know what’s nostalgia and what’s genuine feelings, but I always thought L4Ds charm was in its simplicity. The higher difficulties required good skill and communication, and even then a bad director spree could end it regardless of what you did.

B4Bs card system, whilst great for players enjoying a grind, completely put me off. Certain weapon/characters/play styles are unviable unless you have a full deck of cards unlocked, and the difficulty is entirely based around cheesing the card system rather than shooting mechanics.

This, L4D had the balance right, very easy to get into and understand thanks to useful prompts, but very difficult at harder levels where strategy and accurate shooting is very much needed.

I only played the beta for B4B, so it might have changed but I really didn't like the feel of the game. Ended up running around for large amounts of time with no ammo wondering what was going on, no idea if I was picking the correct cards... the card system was a huge mistake imo.

Still return to play L4D2 now and again as it so easy to just jump into, it's always installed on all my PC's.

Soldato
As above - not interested in card systems, paying for perks etc - keep that crap to CoD, BF etc.

L4Dead, i can boot up and be in a game battling zombies with people within seconds.

Associate
Anyone here played The Anacrusis yet? Looks like L4D on a kitschy spaceship, but still in early access I think, so not touched it myself.

Saw a few videos, but it barely looks past alpha stage. I think they made a mistake showcasing it so early. The setting is a bit random too. They could probably do with a TF2 or Death Loop-esque story trailer to establish the characters and story better.

Incidentally, Chet Faliszek is involved with it, who was L4D's former writer, so maybe he can spin it a bit better.

Soldato
Saw a few videos, but it barely looks past alpha stage. I think they made a mistake showcasing it so early. The setting is a bit random too. They could probably do with a TF2 or Death Loop-esque story trailer to establish the characters and story better.

Incidentally, Chet Faliszek is involved with it, who was L4D's former writer, so maybe he can spin it a bit better.
Yeah, it was Faliszek's involvement that made me take notice. I don't mind the setting to be honest - at least it's something different! But yeah, definitely agree that it needs more meat on the bones.

Back
Top Bottom