Backup Software

Associate
I have been using Easus ToDo to backup my OS drive.

Today I had a problem and need to recover IT FALED! Funny thing is when you have a problem with somit you start googling and its amazing the number of people who also have had problems with Easus.

So I need something thats reliable.

This is purly to do OS reinstalls form a backup. I used to refer to It as a Full Metal Restore years agao :)

Whats would you reccomend please

Soldato
I tried Macrium Reflect to transfer my system from a 240GB SSD to a 1TB SDD. It turned the 1TB drive in to a 240GB SSD with no working method to recover the lost capacity. Formatted and started afresh instead.

It might work better if the drives are the same capacity.

Soldato
Whats wrong with the built in MS backup? its always worked when i've needed it, though admittedly thats usually just to replace/upgrade the disk hosting my c:. no need for special boot disks as you can use any windows install media to recover, vhd's are easily mountable if you need to recover individual files. hell you could attach them to a virtual machine if you need to boot the old install.
+ gparted for any partition moves/resizes.

Soldato
I tried Macrium Reflect to transfer my system from a 240GB SSD to a 1TB SDD. It turned the 1TB drive in to a 240GB SSD with no working method to recover the lost capacity. Formatted and started afresh instead.

It might work better if the drives are the same capacity.

You need to expand the partition during the cloning process. There’s a guide on their site for this I think.

Reactions: KIA
Man of Honour
Whats wrong with the built in MS backup? its always worked when i've needed it, though admittedly thats usually just to replace/upgrade the disk hosting my c:. no need for special boot disks as you can use any windows install media to recover, vhd's are easily mountable if you need to recover individual files. hell you could attach them to a virtual machine if you need to boot the old install.
+ gparted for any partition moves/resizes.

I've used a 3rd party disk to vhd tool quite a bit especially for older laptops - the ability to boot them in a virtual machine can be really useful sometimes (it has actually worked surprisingly flawlessly as well).

Associate
To implement the backup, I used standard Windows tools. When I had problems with x80080008 error, I relied on special instructions to solve this problem. If we talk about third-party software, Partition Recovery will be a good solution in my experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom