**Baddass' Guide to the 19" TFT Market!**

Great Work Badass, your 17" thread helped me with my choice. Looks like your gonna cure a lot of headaches out there (or make some :D )

Well deserves a sticky or maybe the 17" sticky to be renamed BAdasses TFT's Reviews and link both of them from there

Originally posted by TONY
I am looking forward to a review of the Viewsonic VX912B X, I am very close to placing an order and don't want to throw £400 away.

bump bump i'd like to know if anyone knows more about this one!

Originally posted by TONY
I am looking forward to a review of the Viewsonic VX912B X, I am very close to placing an order and don't want to throw £400 away.

Originally posted by Spathi

will try and find some info asap and post it on here and inc it in the main part of the thread. got a busy wkend, but will sort something when i can :)

Originally posted by Prime
where's the info on the new LG?

a bump in disguised seeing as i had to trawl all the way down for this

ill see if i can dig some out for you and add it in.........will look over the wkend for you

added some more comments about the Viewsonic 201 thanks to Smudge. any other models ppl would like to see in this thread?

(ps, bump :))

Does anyone know if there are any professional or user reviews of the Viewsonic VX912 yet?

Just wondering as the monitor is available at one online store and was surprised not to see a review yet!

not that ive seen yet tbh, very similar to the VX910 obviously tho, just an updated spec panel. will see if i can find any info for you

thanks Baddass

It looked like I was gonna wait and get the VX912, but I just seen this new Philips 19" TFT: (it does not seem to be listed on the Philips site - but I found the manual to download)

Product Description Philips 190S5FS - flat panel display - TFT - 19"
Dimensions - (WxDxH) 42.5 cm x 23.5 cm x 41.9 cm
Contrast ratio - 500:1
Brightness - 250 cd/m
Response Time - 12ms
Diagonal Size - 19"
Dot Pitch / Pixel Pitch - 0.294 mm
Max Resolution - 1280 x 1024 / 75 Hz
Colour support Up to 16.2 million colors

What do you lot reckon I know its analog only but a lot of people have said there is not much difference between VGA and DVI.

It seems really good for the price (£297! inc Vat)

So is the Viewsonic VX912 with the DVI connection worth the extra £70?

What are your views on previous Philips 19" TFTs and what type of panel do they use?

well it looks pretty good from the spec. but tbh, the listed spec isnt everything! I would personally go with the tried-and-tested Viewsonic as a lot of ppl have had good things to say about the 910. the 912 is just an improvement on that. There haven't really been many Phillips TFT's around and Viewsonic have established themselves as one of the better TFT manufacturers around. For my money i would spend that little bit more and get the VX912, im sure you will be greateful you did once you have it and when buying something this expensive, it is worth getting the besrt you can, otherwise u migth regret it a few months down the line

having said that, the Phillips is prob pretty good too, havent heard much on it tbh, but i would personally go for the Viewsonic

also, cant find any reviews of the 912 anywhere :(

I am looking to buy a 19" monitor very soon, 20" are just too expensive atm.

I am thinking about either:

Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD Monitor

or

Viewsonic VX912B X Series 19" LCD Monitor

I mainly use my pc for gaming and web browsing.

Any suggestions on which to go for?

either will be good. the Viewsonic 912 is out now, and i would imagine u will have to wait a while for the Hyundai. They are both going to be pretty similar i would imagine, performance wise, so that makes it a tough choice

just depends on whether you wanna wait for the Hyundai or not

Cheers Baddass. It's not that easy to decide I was originally thinking a 17" one then I thought 19" is not much more. However they both run as the same resolution so I imagine image quality on the 19" can't be as good??

Also just to make it harder I see *** Dell 2001fp 20 " is now down to £546 which is not cheap but it looks a lot of monitor for the money. Decisions, decisions:)

Gah the Dell offer ends 30/11/04 and I don't know what (if) my bonus is for 2 weeks after that....:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom