Bahrain Grand Prix 2015, Sakhir - Race 4/19

Man of Honour
twJZVDO.png

Sakhir

The 2004 Grand Prix of Bahrain marked the first ever round of the FIA Formula One World Championship to be held in the Middle East and the official culmination of a multi-million dollar project started back in September 2002 when the Kingdom of Bahrain signed a long-term deal to host the event.

Located at Sakhir, 30 km south-west of the island's capital, Manama, the Hermann Tilke designed circuit contains no less than five track layouts within one complex. Construction began in November 2002 and in the months prior to its March 2004 completion, work was going on around the clock. Over 12,000 tonnes of stone were used in the build, a third of it Welsh granite, chosen for the track surface due to its excellent adhesive qualities.

The original 5.412 km Grand Prix circuit was designed with the spectator in mind, with 50,000 grandstand seats, all providing excellent views. Those spectators (a total of 100,000 over a race weekend) get to see the cars heading into the external desert area, before coming back into the oasis-styled infield. Up to 500 journalists can also witness the action from the venue's purpose-built media centre.

A revised 'endurance' track layout was used for the 2010 event, with an additional complex starting at Turn Four extending the lap to 23 corners and 6.299 km, but the event is expected to return to the original track configuration for 2012. It offers the driver a unique experience in the way the circuit's width varies at the end of the different straights. This allows for diverse racing lines, and the 15-corner design provides at least three genuine overtaking opportunities.

TV Times

Sky:
bVq7wIa.png

BBC:
HNQAWuv.png

Track Diagram & Information

B3AY6r3.png

Weather Forecast

awAmYEH.png

2014 Onboard Lap

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom.../Bahrain_2014_-_Nico_Rosberg_onboard_lap.html

2014 Race Edit

Bahrain Preview Quotes

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/4/bahrain-preview-quotes.html

WDC Standings

nWY9nKz.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

kgAinc2.png

Practice 1

wvOZUyB.png

Practice 2

Ex1pZgL.png

Practice 3

ziZByCQ.png

Qualifying

hAg0e9t.png

Race

hbLMWba.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I think we need a more beefed up version of last year's battle at the front, but where Lewis and Nico take each other out, resulting in a red 1-2... To put Lewis under some vague pressure this year. ;)

Caporegime
I think this year will be a problem in terms of action for Hamilton. Unless reliability hits Hamilton I feel a Vettel 2011/13 type season coming on. For me I've always said, I want action in a race but really doesn't matter to me if it's 1st-3rd all fighting, or an epic battle between 2 cars in 9th/10th, or 4-5 cars in the midfield all fighting all race.

Biggest issue with 'action' this year is that Ferrari with drivers who can over take have found themselves in a class of their own. They were in the midfield pack but they've moved not as far as Merc but comfortably beyond Williams. The top 6 current is looking extremely boring, 6 cars, 3 teams all on pace no where near each other. Could have say 8/10 races being Mercs with a 10 second gap to Ferrari who have a 10-20 second gap on Williams and like China, no battles at all between them.

At least Sauber/Lotus have moved from their own uncompetitive lonely classes into the midfield pack with TR, RBR and maybe not too far behind Williams.

if Renault don't get their damn reliability sorted though, currently there has been quite a lot of RBR and TR involved battles before the engines blew, if they start picking up massive grid penalties and 30 second stop/go penalties every other race they'll be a minute down on the midfield pack and no real chance of fighting with them.

Just for the funny reactions I'd quite like to see Hamilton sandbag FP1-Q2 just to make Rosberg think he's going to get pole, they absolutely destroy him in Q3.... he'd go mental.

Man of Honour
Only gonna take a DNF or two for Lewis to bring the Ferraris within range. Happened to him last year, who knows. Especially if Vettel picks up extra points from a win and a 2nd here and there.

Soldato
"Race officials ruled that Jenson Button was to blame for a collision with Pastor Maldonado’s Lotus, handing him a five-second race penalty and penalty points on his race licence"

So he will start at the back of the grid? nothing new then :)

smr

smr

Soldato
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/12688433/ferrari-was-more-frustrating-mclaren

Nando more frustrated at Ferrari than he is at Macca...

Fernando Alonso says missing out on titles with Ferrari was more frustrating than being at the centre of McLaren's current struggle to get off the back two rows of the grid.

After five years without a title at Ferrari, Alonso moved to McLaren at the start of this year to join the team as it embarks on a new engine partnership with Honda. The season has got off to a slow start with both Alonso and team-mate Jenson Button failing to make the cut for the second stage of qualifying at the first three grands prix, but Alonso insists he is less frustrated than he was at Ferrari.

"The frustration, I have been racing for 14 years in Formula One and this is a situation that we know," he said. "In the recent years [at Ferrari] it was more frustrating because we were fighting for championships and didn't get them, now it's another new project and I am much more optimistic.

"It is time to be together in the team and enjoy this process. We will look at each other in a couple of months and be proud of each other, and this is what I am here for."

Alonso suggested he was the driving force behind a lot of Ferrari's success in recent years.

"I was happy and I was pushing the team even when we had an uncompetitive car to fight for the championship until the last race, so that was probably due to my passion, my motivation and my way to motivate a team even in difficult moments. For many years I showed that and I'm now in a new project trying to build up something important.

"To beat Mercedes you need to do something different, you need to take some risks and that's what I decided last year to do. I was second in the world championship three times in the five years when I was with Ferrari. I could continue for two more years there and maybe finish second again for two more years but that was not enough and I preferred to risk."

And Alonso is confident McLaren will make a breakthrough soon.

"I am enjoying this process. It's weird to hear that probably, but we were 4.5s behind in Australia, 3.5s in Malaysia and 2.5s in China. All this process the team is doing every week is amazing and every session, meeting as we do with the engineers, I have everyone talking about the steps and progress we will make at the coming races. I'm just enjoying this moment. Unfortunately we are underperforming and we are not at the level we want, but I'm sure we will be very soon."

Man of Honour
This will only be a good race is rosberg can get close enough to hamilton to try something. Probably going to be a dull race then :D - then again, I will be at a christening, so it could be worse!

Caporegime
Nah. Hamilton can bugger off into the distance for all I care. I want to see what happens when Rosberg slips back into the clutches of Ferrari. Ideally I'd like to see one of both red cars qualify ahead of Nicole.

Back
Top Bottom