Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2019, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Rate the 2019 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Vettel is considering his future in F1: ‘It’s now more show than sport’

I actually agree with Vettel here but unlike him it's something I've been saying ever since DRS was introduced and probably before for not punishing poor driving and mistakes because of excessive runoff areas and wanting to keep cars in the race. I don't recall Vettel complaining when he was winning 4 World Championships in a monstrously dominant car and things haven't really changed much since then in terms of artificiality.

Yes this argument about punishing poor driving with gravel traps and the like is just completely ridiculous, because both we frequently had races which ended up with 10 cars and they were all miles apart, and the people who ended up in gravel traps were often...... people who got shoved off by others. to presume that only people who make mistakes end up off the track is absurd. Is it fair if a driver screws up a dive up the inside, bumps you, they go on and finish the race and you end up in a gravel trap? More over if you're a fan who has come across the planet to watch a race and watch your favourite driver get knocked out 5 laps into a race while the guy who did it finishes and gets points, in a race with no action because half the cars have gone off... how is that good for the fans?

What we have now is, a guy spins and ends up in a run off area and gets back in the race will still lose a hefty chunk of time so they get penalised. Now if someone gets shoved off the track, the person can come back on and the person who shoved them off might get a 5 second to a drive through penalty. In either case that means more cars in the race, more potential action and far fewer cars being unfairly knocked out of races.

Anyone who thinks punishing gravel traps were good for F1 is mental. Less cars, less going on and loads of entirely innocent mistake free drivers being punted out of races was never at all a good thing for F1.

Regardless it's a cheap interview from Vettel, he doesn't say what is wrong, what's the expensive regulation that is there just for the regulation? Also which sport wasn't always a business massively, none is the answer. He gets paid 40mil a year, yet is now playing the omg... does it have to be a business. Yeah, if you were asking for 1million a year then the team could spend less, run more cheaply, they could charge less tickets, the value of the company would be lower and Liberty wouldn't be as desperate to make more money. Nothing like hypocrisy to make me lose respect for someone.

F1 has always been about large sweeping regulation changes to throw a spanner in the works and shake up the order. The 2009 regulations changed the order in his favour, the 2014 regulations changed the order in Mercedes favour, the 2017 regulations favoured Ferrari but his own blundering has cost him at least one, maybe two titles already. After Italy in 2017 Hamilton was a massive 3 points ahead of Vettel, and Vettel had pole in Singapore and then handed Hamilton 25 points.

Now all of a sudden under pressure from Leclerc he's talking about leaving because F1 is too much of a show? lol.

Caporegime
He's a quitter! he quit Red Bull and actively lobbied for Kimi at Ferrari as he knew he's always be number one over Kimi. Then Kimi left and Leclerc came in and he's Ferrari's golden boy and is starting to feel the pressure already. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vettel leaving/being kicked out of Ferrari a year early.

Caporegime
That Monza qualifying made me crack up so badly. Thinks he's won and is all happy on the radio, gets told Kimi beat him "we'll talk later", his tone changed in 2 seconds from happy to how could you let this happen to me.

Kimi is, disappointing really. He was so happy to accept a no.2 role because it meant a bunch more money than at other teams. He finally got bored of it and I think drove far better and showed some competitive speed for a change in that final part of last season.

We knew he had a no.1 contract, then after a year or two Arrivabene made sure to tell everyone that since he's now in charge that Kimi is no longer on a no.2 contract, everything is totally equal.... except obviously that was just PR nonsense and he was clearly expected to move over for Vettel. As soon as vettel wasn't getting every ounce of help possible as a no.1, not because they weren't providing it, Kimi just stopped playing ball, the pressure increased and holy hell did that pressure show in pretty much every race onwards.

It's a shame Kimi seems to treat F1 like a job and didn't really care. When he's actually competing he seems so much faster. If he'd actually kept his drive and competitiveness and been a no.1 I wonder what he'd have been like. I think since Ferrari sandbagged him and paid for him to **** off for a couple of years for ALonso that he's never been the same in F1.

Soldato
Vettel is considering his future in F1: ‘It’s now more show than sport’

I actually agree with Vettel here but unlike him it's something I've been saying ever since DRS was introduced and probably before for not punishing poor driving and mistakes because of excessive runoff areas and wanting to keep cars in the race. I don't recall Vettel complaining when he was winning 4 World Championships in a monstrously dominant car and things haven't really changed much since then in terms of artificiality.

I agree with Vettel.
I can also see Hamilton leaving F1 at the same time.

Soldato
They actually in conflict with their teams over their position. The 2021 proposed rules are supposed to make racing closer and more competitive together with cost savings. Mercedes and Ferrari are not interested in entertaining that approach.

Caporegime
They actually in conflict with their teams over their position. The 2021 proposed rules are supposed to make racing closer and more competitive together with cost savings. Mercedes and Ferrari are not interested in entertaining that approach.
And understandably so for that's one of the benefits they have over the other teams.

Caporegime
Leclerc will be using the same engine next race as Ferrari have found the loose wire that they didn't tighten up properly on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom