Baltimore Bridge

Caporegime
Wonder if he had insurance :p

I guess no one is covering the cost of that

Whats a bridge in the west cost these days a few hundred mil?

40mil just to repaint/restore the Tyne Bridge.

AFAIK America has thousands of bridges and dams that need replacing so probably done them a favour.
I'm guessing the emergency vehicles on the bridge were empty and no one was actually standing on it?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wonder if he had insurance :p

I guess no one is covering the cost of that

40mil just to repaint/restore the Tyne Bridge.

For stuff like shipping the insurance is usually backed by a reinsurance company which covers many insurers, to cover the cost of low frequency, major cost, incidents like this.

Soldato
Tragic accident, hope at least some, including those in vehicles that plunged into the water, escaped and cheated death.

Made me think of the Mythbusters episode, where Adam demonstrated you have to let the car fill with water before trying to open a door and swim out. Manual windows opened will speed up filling the vehicle with water, to equalise pressure.

Associate
With everything going on lately I can't really even discount foreign sabotage, but that aside how does this even happen?
That's the first thing that came to my mind. It a Chinese ship, the bill for that company going to be huge specially in the US when compensation levels are good.
If it were the UK compensation levels are ridiculous low, in fact insultingly low. I go as far to say no regards for life.

Soldato
Considering a good chunk of the bridge is intact I wonder if they will simply try and rebuild what was lost and repair anything that was strained on the intact session of the bridge or if they will have to tear it all down and rebuild it from both sides of the coast.

Man of Honour

Apparently $1.4bn is the average cost of a bridge like that today oof. EDIT: That one looks like on the lower end of the scale of that kind of project though so high 100s of mill to a billion is probably around the mark.

Probably talking into the low 100s of million for compensation payments and around 500m each for costs related to the ship and repairing the bridge and could easily go north of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom