Bambu Lab P1P

Associate
Not much to go on yet but Bambu Labs look set to release their next printer along the X1 (X1C)

P1PHead-bg.png

https://bambulab.com/en/p1

Soldato
Hopefully it'll be a good, cheaper, printer for those not wanting all the features of the X1/X1C. Speculation is £700+ to compete with the Prusa MK3+ and going by everything I've seen, and heard, about how good the X1/X1C is, I don't doubt it'll be a good printer.

Associate
My P1P arrived last week and i'm really impressed with it. Coming from a CR-10s, its a huge upgrade. I've done quite a few PLA prints without any issue and first layer is a dream.

I'm going to sort a temporary enclosure so i can print ABS parts to make a proper enclosure too.

Associate
Thoughts on this printer for those who have it? This is on my short list as a first machine and someone with zero 3d printing experience.

Associate
OP
Thoughts on this printer for those who have it? This is on my short list as a first machine and someone with zero 3d printing experience.
Personally I would not recommend a Bamboo to someone with zero 3DP experience. As much as a great printer it may be, it's not like 2D printer. If you get a blocked nozzle (minor) or a complete toolhead PCB failure (major) it's not an easy job to fixed with zero knowledge either of those things on this printer.

I would start with a cheaper simpler printer, learn out to use, fix and tune it and then move up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally I would not recommend a Bamboo to someone with zero 3DP experience. As much as a great printer it may be, it's not like 2D printer. If you get a blocked nozzle (minor) or a complete toolhead PCB failure (major) it's not an easy job to fixed with zero knowledge either of those things on this printer.

I would start with a cheaper simpler printer, learn out to use, fix and tune it and then move up.
This is imo bad advice. I had zero 3D printing experience and I bought a P1P and so far it has been VERY easy to figure out and use. Cheaper 3D printers (bedslingers) with less technology are significantly less reliable and trickier to work on.

In a couple of weeks I was familiar with calibrations, changing nozzles and my prints are fantastically reliable due to the auto bed levelling and the other auto-calibration technologies built into it which keep things running smoothly.

As a first 3D printer for someone who will be printing a fair amount (it's not cheap so you want to get your moneys worth) and wants very fast and reliable prints I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I use mine a ton for mainly board-game related stuff and it's a trooper. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've had mine since release and it's been really consistent and I can count on one hand the number of failed prints after hundreds of hours. It's night and day to my old CR10S.

I would recommend this to beginners as it just works!

For experienced users it's also great, ive printed an enclosure (and fan mod) and can now print ABS and other filaments.

Associate
I think I will order one this week I only have one printer at the moment but it would be handy to have another, I have been viewing many of videos on youtube for the last couple of weeks, initially i was thinking of the Creality K1, but I have been put off that.

Caporegime
I think I will order one this week I only have one printer at the moment but it would be handy to have another, I have been viewing many of videos on youtube for the last couple of weeks, initially i was thinking of the Creality K1, but I have been put off that.
It is very reliable. Most problems are down to needing to calibrate and/or re-home the print head or with the filament or settings. The printer itself is pretty damn rock solid and only getting better with new firmware updates.

The latest firmware updated turned the print file unzip speeds from 5-10 minutes to 5-10 seconds. Simply amazing.

Associate
It is very reliable. Most problems are down to needing to calibrate and/or re-home the print head or with the filament or settings. The printer itself is pretty damn rock solid and only getting better with new firmware updates.

The latest firmware updated turned the print file unzip speeds from 5-10 minutes to 5-10 seconds. Simply amazing.
I took the plunge and ordered one yesterday. delivery lead time before 30th July

Associate
I also have no 3DP experience or an idea what I want to print (other than some drawer organisers) but I want something to have a play around with. My usual philosophy is to get something above entry level and this model caught my eye, not too expensive that I might regret the purchase (I also assume resale wouldn't be too difficult) and looks like plenty of options to 'upgrade' if I get into it. Will probably order later today!

Associate
Managed to order a P1P a few days ago with July 15th ship date.

I print on a production basis (cases for electronic devices I build) so I'm really hoping the P1P lives up to the 'just works' hype. My main printers right now are Ender 7s and they're... less than wonderful. The price reduction on the P1P coincided with all of my existing printers ending up out of service for repairs, which seemed like the universe giving me a nudge :)

Back
Top Bottom