Bambu Lab P1S Released

What is everyone doing with their filament poop that's a mixture of PLA and PETG, can it still be saved for recycling mixed together?

Finally tried some sainsmart tpu with the p1s, and I'm pleased how it went. Especially as I only used the stock tpu setting with no fettling. Almost makes me shudder remembering what I had to do in order to dial in prints on my ender 3 V2. But at the same time I do miss getting hands on with it.

If I had the space I'd buy a larger p1s tomorrow.

Last edited:
My extra AMS from the recent sale arrived, delivery got pushed back from the original ETA so expect was in demand.

I did not realise they included empty spools to take bambu refills, 3 normal and 1 high temp, pleasant surprise that may tempt me to buy some of their filament (obviously this is the idea!).

Reactions: Zaf
I picked up a A1 in the sale for all the filaments I’ve got that don’t play nicely with the P1S AMS lol It’s quite nice having a single filament printer again to complement the P1S AMS

Last edited:
I picked up a A1 in the sale for all the filaments I’ve got that don’t play nicely with the P1S AMS lol It’s quite nice having a single filament printer again to complement the P1S AMS
I can fully imagine that, the P1S is great, but something appeals about the A1 (I would go for a mini) also for the simplicity and it would be great for TPU.

Have neglected maintenance a bit on the P1S, so decided when getting the 2nd AMS setup it was worth a full strip down and clean given I needed to remove it from the shelf on the garage. Woah! It is great that the procedure is fully documented but my god there are a lot of screws, glad I picked up an ifixit magenetic project mat thing a while back - am not looking to reassemble it!

Last edited:
The only maintenance I've done so far on the P1S was running the 26min calibration last night, it does seem to have developed bit of a squeak :confused:

I've also got bits left over from the A1 build that aren't documented in the quick start guide lol

Last edited:
The only maintenance I've done so far on the P1S was running the 26min calibration last night, it does seem to have developed bit of a squeak :confused:

I've also got bits left over from the A1 build that aren't documented in the quick start guide lol
Thankfully the P1S went back together with everything matching up in terms of screws/parts!

Annoyingly the squeak and creaks that I thought have developed over use are still there, think it was worthwhile taking it apart but won't be rushing into again. Having done it once, in the future the most I will do regularly is remove the rear panel, the sides are a ballache.

Last edited:
Anyone else using LAN-only mode having to enter the 8 digit access code every time the P1S is turned off? Think it started happening after an update a month or two ago.

Committed it to memory easily enough, but it's still very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom