'Band of Brothers' is just astonishing

Soldato
Fantastic series! It's one of my all time favourites. I've been rewatching it the last week or so as the missus has never seen it before. She's hooked on it now!

Soldato
We watched Pacific about 12months after BoB but during the first half didn't think it was as good as BoB. However we were just as emotional at the end.

Thought they were both brilliant. Was gutted when we heard Winters had died

Soldato
I loved this show evoked so many emotions.

The start of each episode with the voice over gets me every time.

Like one of the episodes where they don't even bother to remember the replacement guys names because so many of them died was it 7/10 didn't make it back in their first battles.

7 dead out of every 10 :( some didn't even make it out the planes burned alive.

War is horrific.

Soldato
You may catch it on TV every now and again but most people have it on DVD or Bluray. I have Bluray steel box. The picture and sound is amazing. Best war show ever to be put onto film imo. 10/10

Underboss
I have the VHS, DVD & Bluray steel box - just incase, although I no longer own a VHS player haha

I remember watching it on BBC2 as a teenager, friends couldn't understand why I wanted to spend my evenings watching it instead of being out hanging around in the cold.

Soldato
I have the VHS, DVD & Bluray steel box - just incase, although I no longer own a VHS player haha

I remember watching it on BBC2 as a teenager, friends couldn't understand why I wanted to spend my evenings watching it instead of being out hanging around in the cold.

Same here. BBC2 but not in my teens. I caught the third episode by chance when it was first broadcast. I was in awe of it. Watched the rest week after week then got the DVD set once it was released and watched them from the start. Amazing experience, one I wish to erase from my memory, just like Aliens and World of Warcraft and watch or play them again.

Soldato
I loved this show evoked so many emotions.

The start of each episode with the voice over gets me every time.

Like one of the episodes where they don't even bother to remember the replacement guys names because so many of them died was it 7/10 didn't make it back in their first battles.

7 dead out of every 10 :( some didn't even make it out the planes burned alive.

War is horrific.

do you have a source for those stats? 70 percent KIA (not just wounded etc) sounds absurdly high, even if we are just talking about 'green' replacements (not even sure you did just mean replacements). I find that statistic very hard to believe...

Soldato
BoB is a masterclass in TV an the only thing I have watched that gets a 10/10, I honestly believe there is nothing you could improve upon. It's emotional, sublime performances and engaging... Just a perfect combination that is extremely rare to find.

Soldato
I do enjoy a watch-through of BoB.
I did prefer the first half or so when Winters was more actively involved. After he got promoted to the point where he was less involved it seemed to switch around and introduce new people a little more. I still enjoyed it and it's not like Winters wasn't in it any more, but I preferred the first half I think.

That said the episode where Spears took charge of the assault was unbelievable. The action here and the narration is another bit that makes my eyes get overly wet.

I too didn't really get into The Pacific as much. I've only seen that once though where as I've seen BoB about 3 times, so maybe it deserves another watch.

I'll also second the suggestion that people that enjoyed this might also enjoy "The greatest raid of all" that Jeremy Clarkson did (even if not a Clarkson fan).

Back
Top Bottom