1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Gibbo, Nov 20, 2007.

1. binarydust

Associate

check your power supply capacitors if you didn't replace some of them already.

Got mine power cycling, slow blue light on/off cycle with a scratch sound in the speakers.

Replaced three capacitors, very slightly bulged, following another user advice, and it got back to life.

Well for 6 months at least, now i get another failure, probably something else on the power supply not capacitors related, or the lcd panel itself, can't be sure..

2. james.miller

Capodecina

Yeah I've since taken it apart and a few of the caps are a bit suspect. I'll pick up some replacement caps and give it a go. Worst case it doesnt work and i've wasted a few quid and 15 minuted of my time, but if it does then ill at least get some more use out of it before it completely dies - it already had screen burn and a row of dead pixels so i've been waiting for it to kick the bucket for months :p

3. Hamster

Soldato

Anyone have an idea what's wrong with mine?
    VGA input works but DVI doesn't. I've taken the monitor apart and couldn't see any loose connections around the DVI port. Apart from that I don't really know what else I should be checking. I've tried another PC, different DVI cable and another graphics card.

4. clv101

Sgarrista

Is the hot weather increasing the failure rate of these?

5. binarydust

Associate

@james.miller
    it should work, i changed the 3 or 4 1000uF 16v near the bottom edge of the board, in the area of the cables going to the input board.

But then again mine died with a different failure 6 month later, replaced almost all of the capacitors but it didn't make a difference, probably a problem with the panel itself according to someone else with the same problem.

@Hamster
    yeah certainly a problem with you logic board, hard to tell if you can't see any solder cracks on the connector itself..

@clv101
    hot weather will accelerate degradation of the already weak (dried up) capacitors, can also damage power components if they overheat.

6. Hamster

Soldato

Thanks. Will open it up again when I get the time and have another look.

7. james.miller

Capodecina

I finally got round to to fixing mine today. I replaced my psu caps with some 25v 1000uf's and it's working again :cool:.

8. RussD

Hitman

Mine has now got a bit of Screen Burn that I see in Photoshop. Been GREAT since I bought it from OC
    Is it time to buy another Monitor or can Screen Burn be fixed?
    If another monitor---Which one is as Good as this DGM for photoshop.
    Cheers.

9. sunama

Capodecina

If you do buy another monitor, you might want to look for another VA monitor. I think Benq do one.

I bought a Dell IPS monitor and the graphics (movies, games, videos, etc), don't look as good on IPS, when compared with this DGM PVA monitor.

The DGM PVA monitor came very close to the graphics performance of my Sony CRT monitor. The Dell IPS is poor in comparison (and I spent hours playing around with the settings of the Dell).

VA monitors tend to give deeper blacks (closer to CRT). The colours are vibrant and lush.
    The images on the Dell IPS, were as if the image has been put in a washing machine, washed for 10 hours and then stuck back on the screen. The colours were no where near as vibrant or powerful.

In summary, I would suggest you try out a VA panel, if you like the image produced by the DGM.

10. moores28

Gangster

My DGM is still going strong, I even emigrated to Oz with it in a suitcase - twice!

It was the Samsung S-PVA panel like the one found in the Eizo so I was really lucky.

I wish i could use my PS3 with it - does anyone know of a good VA monitor good for gaming that supports HDCP and has DVI & HDMI ports?

11. Cavallino

Capodecina

Two DGM 24" VA type monitors over here still going good. Value for money :)

12. WotDa

Soldato

Same with mine. First arrived with added clicking sound effects but this one has been going for so many years I've forgotten when I bought it! (2008?).

It has however started to develop some burn in from the bookmarks bar in Chrome. :(

13. Rilot

Don

I still have one of the DGM VA panels. It lives in my bedroom now connected to a Raspberry Pi. Still going strong although the backlight is starting to become a bit uneven.

14. mark2410

Hitman

sad, mine has started to do the cant detect a signal thing and starts clicking.

15. Cavallino

Capodecina

Same here. Another one bites the dust :\

But my second panel is going strong :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  16. james.miller

Capodecina

Yeah I have the same problem with mine

[​IMG]

:p

17. shaffaaf27

Soldato

cant belive mine is still going!

would be so lost if it gave up the ghost!

18. 85256638

Gangster

It looks very plastic

19. flinco

Wise Guy

Mine recently broke as well :(

A sad day indeed. I need to open it up and check for broken capacitors but I can't work out how the stand comes of. Any ideas?

20. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Firstly apologies for digging up this old thread. I still have one of these in working order which I want to use for a small project I'm putting together.

However I want to remove as much of the casing as possible and I'm struggling to work out how the casing comes off. Before I resort to breaking out the Dremel and breaking bits off I thought I'd check here.