BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We have come across what looks to be an absolutely storming deal. We've managed to push the price down so hard but have had to buy a whole container load, however take a look at this:-

OcUK Value 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
MO-026-OK_400.jpg

The OcUK Value L2442W has an industry leading ultra-fast 6ms GtG response time making it perfect for blur-free video and gaming. With it's 1000:1 contrast ratio and excellent viewing angles there is no other TFT/LCD that can match the quality, value or performance. Make the large screen affordable to all this 24" is ideal for gamers and professional users who require a high resolution screen capable of delivering very impressive quality.

- 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 6ms Response Time
- 500 cd/m2 Brightness
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 180°/ 180°
- One Digital Input
- One Analogue Input
- 3yr On-Site Warranty

Price: £192.99+VAT (£226.76 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

Now it meets all the right criteria, its black, its got both analogue and DVI connections. Plus it comes with a 3yr on-site warranty swap out service. The specification is also very good. I am now just waiting on panel confirmation as the viewing angles would suggest PVA, but the price does not. This monitor is priced better than any equivalent TN panel we buy and hence we believe it is a TN panel, but due to the fact it states 180/180 viewing angles has made me curious. So as soon as they arrive I will have a look at one to see if it is TN or PVA.

Either way if its TN its a very well priced panel, in fact one of the best. If its PVA then its stupidly cheap which I can't see been possible at these kind of prices.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks quite nice, wouldn't the 6ms response also point to it being a PVA also?

Hi there

Possibly, but the prices is just to good to be true so its got to be TN or the specs are a bit misleading. Once they arrive I shall get one out and give it a good testing. Its easy to know if a panel if TN by just switching it on as the viewing angles are poor and easily spotted in comparison to a PVA or S-IPS panel.

Whatever it turns out to be, it sure looks set to be a bargain. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
can you get a 24 inch S IPS? or anything bigger than 24" with S IPS?

basically what would be the best panel for a 24 inch or greater

Hi there

The absolute best quality large LCD monitor on the market without spending thousands is the NEC 26" Pro that OcUK sells. Good 24" models are the DELL 2407WFP-HC and Hyundai W240/241D PVA models.

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

All I can find out for now is it comes with either an AU or CMO panel. I've got a feeling those are both TN, what do others think?

OcUK Staff
OP
From another site it looks like this only has a vga input.

HI there

Ours are a DVI model, if they are not then the shipment will be rejected, but the manufacturer has confirmed the model we are taking has both Analogue and DVI connections. I am now trying to find out if its HDCP compliant.

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

I have one of these setup, its definetely a PVA or similar panel as no matter from which angle you view it the picture remains perfect.

Backlight is also perfectly uniform and it looks a very nice bit of kit. No dead pixels either on this one. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
that's great news, so it has DVI-I? and does it do 1:1 Pixel Mapping?

HI there

I don't understand exactly what this is?

When I lower the resolution the picture still fills the entire screen.

So I am unsure, but for this price for a PVA type panel I'd suspect the answer is no or it would just be to good of a deal to be true which it already is to be honest.

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

OK guys, Christmas come early for the WEEKEND ONLY thats from now until Monday morning I am going to drop the price to just £199.99+VAT (£234.99 Inc. VAT).

Now that is the cheapest in the UK by a million miles for a 24" panel with both Analogue and DVI connections. Plus the fact its a PVA style panel with superb 180/180 viewing angles make this the best bargain in the UK.

AGAIN WEEKEND ONLY!!

BUY NOW!!

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

In answer to the many questions:-

1:1 Pixel Mapping = NO (No options in menu so assume no)
HDCP = Unsure, I am running on the DVI connection and its razer sharp
Stand = You can tilt the monitor forwards and backwards but its not height adjustable.
Stock = We have 500, another 500 available, thats it for the moment!

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, Could you see if it scales well, i.e. quickly run a game at 1680 x 1050 and see if you notice any worsening of the picture compared to the optimum resolution. Thanks!

i'm very keen to indulge :)

P.S. Heres the specs of the slightly smaller model, they don't seem to have the 24" up on their website yet

http://www.digimate.co.uk/product/L-2242W.htm

Hi there

This PC has an 8500 GT in it, no good for gaming sorry. In windows at 1680x1050 everything looks huge and not as sharp at the native resolution of 1920x1200. For gaming I do not know.

One of the guys who work here has just purchased one, so maybe he will post later tonight as I know he is a games player. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Just bought one of these my self and its 100% PVA pannel, also has a very nice glossy front and its on par with the 24" dells we use on our test rigs.

ill get some pics up soon when i get round to sorting a cam out.

Hi there

Its good, but I'd be surprised if its DELL quality, its certainly not got the same feature set, but for the money its incredible value. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
doesnt matter what angle i look at this monitor from the image never changes shade or colour

turn the monitor off at the plug while pc is still on, then turned the monitor back on at the plug and instantly turns on and displays picture i was just viewing.

Hi there

You tried any games at 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 for the guys here interested m8 on how well it scales?

I think what people want to know does the picture still look crisp and sharp when playing games at resolutions below the native resolution of 1920x1200, so does 1680x1050 look OK on this panel when gaming?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hmm, having done some further research it seems the manufacturer uses two different panels (one having inferior... well, everything).

Can OcUK guarantee that it will be the better model?

http://www.iolair.fr/catalogue/MB24W.pdf

Hi there

Is there two models on that PDF?

If it helps narrow it down the OcUK one is definetely DVI. Its defintetely 180/180 viewing angles and is a 6ms response panel. I am still using one and I'd happily buy one or even two if I did not have a 30" DELL at home. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
HI there

Price is WEEKEND ONLY, remember that folks. Where else can you get a 24" LCD Monitor with DVI for this price? NO WHERE!

Then factor in its a PVA type panel, OcUK has just wiped out the competition as this is basically just giving the product away.

This panel would sell at £250+VAT, at £199+VAT its a steal!

OcUK Staff
OP
Could be a mistake, everything else is the same...

Either way it's a PVA panel with DVI for less :p Not that it matters to me, can't sodding order as I don't have the money in my bank atm.

HI there

The place your talking about is not UK based either so will definetely be a different batch of stock and as such could be a different panel and their next day delivery charge is £22 and still not guaranteed next day delivery.

Plus the OcUK batch are definetely PVA panels with excellent viewing angles, as such other models offered elsewhere could feature a different panel which could be inferior or superior.

Also the manufacturer we buy from supply both DVI and Analogue cables, other manufacturers are probably not so kind, thats further added value alone. :)

Plus then you have OcUK service, this forum and the fact were UK based and easy to get in touch with. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Has this dropped in price AGAIN? Could swear it was £199.99+vat before going to bed (after 1am) and now its showing £192.99+vat.

HI there

Yes as someone pointed out there was somewhere slightly cheaper. So I've decided to undercut it as I said OcUK would be the cheapest for this weekend! :)

The competitor is none UK based, charges £22 for delivery which can take upto 48 hours, does not provide a forum like this and is not as easy to get hold off for the fact they hold stock overseas.

Then the fact its actually a different model, which could mean its not a PVA panel like the OcUK one is. Plus the fact the OcUK model is supplied with DVI and Analogue cables which is all backed up by a 3yr on-site warranty from a manufacturer DGM (Digimate) who have been around for years.

I just refuse to be beaten on a special, now OcUK is the cheapest, our panels are definetely a PVA or similar due to the excellent viewing angle, they come with DVI cable, and we can ship next day for £10. :)

Back
Top Bottom